Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agree with last post (I was the yak diver (orange... kayak... not me :) ). Had equip. issues early in day. Decided to try again in afternoon. With high tide, it was better, but still not good. Also did dives out further in boneyard (about 1/2 mile or more out???). Zero there as well. However, as I said, was better. Watch surf report, but with the NE coming in, might try Sunday (give it a few days to blow over/calm).

Service Park Dive
4:00 PM
95 minute dive
18-22 Feet
Vis 0-1 Swimming out in 3-8ft of water I had about 2-4ft of vis but once I descended and started hunting it was really poor. Mask bumping into pen shells and basically groping along.

I usually pull in 50+ teeth on a shore dive, today I toughed it out an hour longer than I would have because I wanted to find 1, basically had to feel around, silt on the bottom looked like it improved a little over two weeks ago when I was out but not by much. Hopefully Isaac does not mess things up on the bottom to bad and we can get in some quality late summer/fall diving.

Here is the tooth I found, poor quality picture this time but I think you get the point of the picture =)

Dive safe.

Attachments

• toothn.jpg
    toothn.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 310
Alhambra site 10 something am
84 degrees
calm, no surf at all
tide receding
15 to 18 feet
spotty viz, maybe 6 inches inside blocks, lots of whale snot
got real dark when the sun went behind clouds
only 90 minutes as I fly out in morning
total of 200 small teeth for two days
Met Dive4life as he kayaked out to visibility....

8/26/2012
Service Club
8:30 am
Winds NE @ 10
Seas 1'+
Water Temp 86
Vis 0-4'
Max depth 22'
Finds usual small stuff
Figured I would try to get a dive in before the storm.
There was a current running South and was actually moving silt out of some areas.
We'll have to see what happens over the next couple days

Alhambra 9/1/12 noon - 2pm Water Temp: 86 Visibility: 0-1 foot in most places Tide state: from just before high to a little after Wind: NE Surf: minimal Presence of drift algae: A Lot. Difficult to see the sea floor from 9 inches, and finding the blocks should not require swimming with your hands ahead of you and hoping you see a shadow before you hit them. :)

9/2/12
Service club
8:45 am
Winds E <5
Seas Flat
Water Temp 85
Vis 1'-3'
Finds A nice 3'' meg, some frags, 2 nice tigers and the usual small stuff.

Most of the silt is gone, small teeth are now exposed.

There is a lot of snot in the water sticking to everything.

09/13/2012
Off Venice in 26-28fsw
0800-1130
Wind NE at 10+Kn
Sea State 2 feet
Water Temp 86
Viz 6-10 feet
Only 4 divers today: two very nice 4-5 inch Megs, lots of Meg frags plus horse teeth, whale ear bones, and other items of interest.
Great diving if you know where to go. Deep silt in spots, but we have those areas charted now.photo (2).jpg

Last edited:
09/13/2012
Time :10:00am
Water temp 81 on bottom
Vis 6-7 feet
winds strong East
seas flat along shore line pushing water helping clear water conditions
now is the time to get out boat or beach diving with east winds makes it nice !!!!!!!!!!

Scott tooth.jpg8oSaturday 915 vis 6 feet. In some spots other spots top to bottom time for wetsuits divers. Stating 80 degrees. Winds out of the East 8 knots . Posting report from boat In the bone yard 28ft r the waterfront.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom