Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

September 16, 11:00 - 12:30 Site Location Alhambra Water Temp 82 Visibility 10-12 feet at 18 depth Tide state high Wind ENE 8 knots Surf calm Presence of drift algae A little; mostly higher in the water column Posting to support this thread. I check this often, and am making visits based on it's information. Glad I did, because yesterday's diving there was great. My girl/buddy found some smalls and frags, but I guess I was too distracted by the ability to see and play with the fish.

9/16/12 ditto Savage Ron's post, also off Alhambra @ 9:30 AM. Great to see all of the plentiful & healthy sea life in the Gulf. Small teeth finds & a broken 2 inch Golden Beach tooth. Nice to meet Dive4SWLife & SGLake today!

Great viz report today... 9-16-12
10-15' viz in 28'
Mammoth tooth frag, Horse teeth, Meg Frags,
and Whale Earbones were all discovered today...

Sept 19, 2012, Off Manatee Beach, 28 feet, 82 deg, 0 - 1 ft viz, lots of silt sturred up from Westerly winds.

After a few great days of diving with excellent viz (10 + feet), the West winds have stirred up the bottom and the silt is prominent. In some spots couldn't read my gages so cut the dive short. Hope that it will all settle down quickly as the winds are predicted to shift again back to the east later in the week!

September 23, 2012 13:30 - 15:30
Site Location Alhambra
Water Temp 82
Vizibility 8-10ft at the blocks (some murky parts beyond them)
Tide state[/B ]Low
Wind 6- 10 mph ENE
Surf minimal
Presence of drift algae Some, but not excessive

Not as awesome as last weekend, but still good viz that made for a fun dive.
Met a couple other divers who had some incredible luck (including a beautiful 5 inch Meg) but they had much better luck than we did. :)

S. Brohard In the water at 9:30, east winds, outgoing tide, water temp 80 & 3 - 6 ft. viz depending on the type of bottom you were over. Lots of snot in the water. Still, twas a good dive. Got 2 hrs & 21 minutes bottom time.:D

Sept. 27, 2012 9 AM
Alhambra
Wind NE 8 mph, calm upon entering, incoming tide, 22 FSW
temp: 81
viz: 2-5 ish depending where you were
slight current pushing Easterly, lots of silt and snot in the Gulf
found a nice golden 2 incher, misc small teeth, and a nice 2 inch lettered olive shell

Yep, S. Brohard again. Entered around 9:30, East wind. Water temp 80, incoming tide. Winds turned South West by exit time. Viz was anywhere from 2 - 5 ft. depending on bottom composition. Lots of snow & viz became less as the winds turned.

9-29-12 12:30 - 15:00
Site Location Alhambra
Water Temp 82
Visibility Patchy. 4-6ft in a lot of places. Around 8 feet at the blocks.
Tide state high
Wind ENE 7-10mph
Surf A little choppy; especially on the way out
Presence of drift algae Not as bad as I was expecting from the forecast, but there was some.

We swam out close to 3/4 of mile, and then kept going along the bottom for another 30ish mins trying to find some better luck.
Found a concrete pipe and a toadfish, but not what we were looking for. /grin
Had fun anyway.....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom