Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10/15/12
Alhambra
9:00 am
Seas Flat
Winds NE 5
Water Temp 81
Vis 2'-8' depending on bottom
Max Depth 24'
Finds
001_crop.jpg

South Brohard
!2:30 pm
Winds NW 10
Seas <1'
vis 2'-8' bottom dependant
Max Depth 23'
Water Temp 81
Finds
002_crop.jpg

10/15/12
Service Club
8:30 AM
Water Temp 80
Vis 4'-10'
Max Depth 23'

Vis was really pretty good, had not been diving in Venice for a while and was surprised to see areas completely silted/mudded over. Came out with about 100 small teeth between two divers for two dives, which is much less than our typical Service Club haul. Found a 1.5" chocolate meg in pretty nice shape, not sure if I was in the wrong spot but found small pockets of teeth with huge areas of nothing, went about 1mile out on the second dive thinking I was not far enough, did not improve things to much.
Vis was really nice, beautiful weather, no sign of red tide other than a few dead fish on the beach that looked as if they had been there for a week+

Dive safe, have fun.

Vis getting better 8-10 ft today
water temp 77 surface
seas little swell coming from North
Some nice teeth found still some silt around no red tide at all
cold season coming bring wetsuits water temp will be droping soon

So I did two tanks today. First one at 11:30. Even though it was low tide the vis was pretty good. Probably five to ten feet there for most of that dive. Jumped back in at 3:00 for another super quick dive. Visibility was much worse when the wind had kicked up. Was probably three to four usable feet of vis. I was not having any success bribing the sheep head to show me teeth by turning rocks over. So I was scanning around when I looked over my right shoulder to see a giant sea turtle's head about four feet away from me. Turns out he was about 5-6 feet long with a head bigger than mine. Scared me half to death when i first saw him. He let me say hi and swam some circles around me for 5 minutes. Even though my best tooth of the day was only a cracked in half 2 incher , i did manage to find another whale earbone, and the sea turtle meeting more than made up for the lack of good megs. Did find 50-60 smaller teeth and some smaller meg frags but nothing worthy of a pic.

S.Brohard I went a little later today. Hit the water about 11:00. East winds, viz was anywhere from 4 - 8ft. Twas a bit of a surge & my computer put the water temp at 77. Saw the small gator that hangs in the creek, under the boardwalk. He is gettin' BIGGER. Hope he stays in the creek cuz I would have a stroke if I met him out on the reef!

10/21/2012
Service Club
9:00 am
Winds NE 5+
Seas 1'
Water Temp 80
Vis 2'-6' still a lot of snot and the silt was being stirred up by the surge
Max depth 23'
Finds
002_crop.jpg

10/22/12, Alhambra, 9AM, Winds NE 10-15, Seas 1-2 feet offshore, Water Temp Still 80ish, vis was good (5-8 in most spots), but there were still large patches of silt on the bottom (of course right on the boneyard) Max Depth was 27'. 2 Megs (3 inches) and a couple dozen small teeth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom