Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10/23/2012

Alhambra
11am
Water Temp 80
Vis 5'-7' a lot of snot in spots, as usual some areas better vis some not so much
Max depth 22'

Overall fantastic dive, a lot of small finds no big megs. I also found a conch shell that was as long as most of my arm... it was fantastic. Great fish life, and animals.

I love Florida :).... October and I am diving in Rash/Swim Suit :)

11/4/2012
Service Club
Time 8:30 am
Wind E<5
Seas <1'
Water Temp 72
Vis 2'-4'
Max depth 23'
Finds
118_crop.jpg

Venice Beach
9:30 AM
1 tank 115 minutes bottom time
Wind E-SE 5-7 MPH
Seas small chop
Water Temp - 66
Max depth 20'
Vis 4-8 feet

Lots of smalls...... Looks as if silt on the bottom is clearing up. I was very surprised I was the only diver on Venice Beach. I checked out the Service Club and there were no divers there at 9:00 am. All in all it was a nice dive. I had a 3mm suit with a skin under and was very comfortable.

11/12/2012
Service Park
1100-1300
Wind ENE 9MPH
Flat initially then slight chop and wind on the way back in
VIS 4-5'
Max Depth 21'

Apparently I missed the vis yesterday :( hahah
First free diving ever, didn't like it as much and the entire time I was wishing I had my tanks to look for teeth.

11/17/12

2 dives in Boneyard (Golden Beach) on a KAYAK... Viz 5-10+ :)...

1 dive at Alhabmra blocks around 1pm... Blocks only had 2-4 (if that) Viz. Aborted and headed South to service club area... Viz much better as I worked my way south (was on kayak).

Water temp: 67 degrees (wetsuit time... Saw 2 people try it with a 2 ml shorty... their dive didn't last long :)
In afternoon wind picked up to 15-20 plus (kiteboarders were out). Waves were 1ft or less in am and coming in after 3rd dive was kayaking through some 2 and 3 ft sets (got a workout!).

If diving, recommend staying South (Service Club or Sharky's).... seems like viz is better more south.

Finds: megs and such (will post more later).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom