Dive Resort Deal - 19% Off the Occidental Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI Travel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Save 19% (a savings of approx. USD $240 per person on a 7-night stay) with this deal on the Occidental Cozumel Dive Resort in Cozumel, Mexico. Book with PADI Travel before March 31, 2019!

GRAB THIS OFFER NOW

Or browse more special deals in Mexico.

f1eff46ecb3e63a47717d75c39369aab.jpg

Divers should not consider doing business with an operation that does business the way they do.

Maybe they should lower it to an 18% discount and stop charging their guests to use their pier. An All-Inclusive resort should not be charging their guests to use the on-site pier. In my book that is false advertising and deceptive business practices. YMMV.

In fact, since dollars are the determining factor, it's clear that by marketing this property on ScubaBoard, PADI Travel is underwriting their unethical practices. I hope they are listening and realizing this may end up losing them a few bucks from divers...

In addition, this all “inclusive” resort markets as having 7 restaurants. 1 is only for VIPs so that cuts it down to 6. Then 3 others require a reservation which you can only do 3 reservations total during a week visit. So that cuts it further down to 3 restaurants. Of the remaining 3, one is a pizza joint that’s only open late at night. So in reality you have 2 restaurants to choose from.

Hi divers! We're sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the Occidental Cozumel. We've taken the time to follow up with the property regarding your concerns.

In terms of the pier fee, the resort does charge a $5 per diver per day fee. This is quite a common practice among resorts in Cozumel. However, most local operators absorb this fee. It's almost unheard of for operators to pass this fee on to guests, so divers rarely even know it exists.

That is certainly the case for Pro Dive International, the on-site operator at the Occidental Cozumel. Guests who book their dive resort stay with PADI Travel dive with Pro Dive International as a part of the package. So, for the packages advertised here, divers would not need to pay the pier fee. Any other applicable fees (like the extra charge for premium boat dives) are laid out on the PADI Travel page.

If you have any other concerns regarding this dive resort or any others, please let us know. We are more than happy to answer any and all questions.

In the meantime, happy bubbles!

In terms of the pier fee, the resort does charge a $5 per diver per day fee. This is quite a common practice among resorts in Cozumel. However, most local operators absorb this fee. It's almost unheard of for operators to pass this fee on to guests, so divers rarely even know it exists.

I encourage you to read some of the threads in this forum about divers' experiences with this pier fee.

Ive never had an issue making dinner reservations at any of the restaurants on site and the food quality is very good....when I stay here, I dive with ProDive, so I don’t experience any issues with pier fees....and I’ve really never seen too many other operators besides the glass bottom Boats pulling up to the dock.

If the resort doesn’t meet your requirements, freely visit another that will.

$1270 pp including 16 dives for 9 nights is a very nice deal....I selected a September date.

I usually pay $34/Dive at ProDive.

Back
Top Bottom