For Sale Dive Rite 905 Drysuit - Men's Size L

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcolcla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dive Rite 905 Drysuit with rear entry. Size Large (boots size 12). Fit me well 6ft 1 ~ 195 lbs.

This has been a fantastic suit, I've logged ~350 dives on it and recently dove 16 days straight getting cave certified in February...but the glue has started to fail that was used for the pockets / suspenders. My last day of diving I was crouched down on my knees and felt water leak through the crotch seam.

As you'll notice in the picture I purchased a large tube of aquaseal and was about to embark on a good quarantine project to re-glue all the seams and pockets. However, the boots (which I just replaced) are too big and I've always wanted a self donning suit, so in the end, I decided to splurge and buy a brand new dry suit.

In prep for my cave dive trip I replaced the zipper, the boots, and the inflator valve - so all are basically brand new ($600 sunk cost). The zipper and boot replacements were done by express dry suit in Tigard, OR in late 2019. The neck seal is in good shape. One of the two wrist seals has that pin-hole, but dove dry with a small patch.

The suit is equipped with a dive rite pee valve (cleaned with vinegar solution after last use).

If you're interested in investing some time, this suit has great potential. I would keep it as my backup if the boots fit better (I put in a some thick insoles which helps - I'm a size 10). However, my new suit has Si replaceable neck/wrist seals so I suspect it will just hang in my closet.

Available for local pick up in Porltand, OR for $300. Or happy to ship.

Brian

IMG_7242.jpg
IMG_7239.jpg
IMG_7243.jpg
IMG_7245.jpg
IMG_7246.jpg
IMG_7244.jpg

Bump $275

The p-valve has nothing to do with the seam leak in the crotch...though anyone that routinely uses a p-valve has many fun stories of things that can go wrong...I've used four different valves over the years and occasionally stuff goes sideways...but that just adds to the fun. Better to be hydrated especially for deco / challenging dives.

Back
Top Bottom