Dive Rite Nitek Q screw dimensions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v-v

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I've bought a 2nd hand Nitek Q as my backup computer (I plan to start cave dive training) and unfortunately, although it didn't have a single scratch, the B (right) button wasn't working. I've noticed that it's just a problem with the button itself and not the (hall effect) sensor so that I can just buy replacement keys and replace them myself.

However, being European, I tried to open the back plate with a 1.5mm hex key, while I should have used a 1/16" one (which I did later on). This resulted in me damaging one of the 4 screws.

Since they use imperial countersunk screws, could somebody help me determine which size the screws on the back of the Nitek Q are so that I could replace the one I damaged?

Nitek Q screws.jpg

Thank you!

Can't find anything in the Dive Rite manual. Would be glad to know, being in Europe myself, it would be a useful fact to know when the need to fix a button will be there. Btw, used that computer as a backup on trimix dives for 3 years now, it just works fine.

Here's another answer perhaps?
I've tried asking dive rite, we'll see if they reply, if not I guess I'll have to go for this, though the screw is tiny and of a very soft metal so I wouldn't want it to easily break.

H

However, being European, I tried to open the back plate with a 1.5mm hex key, while I should have used a 1/16" one (which I did later on). This resulted in me damaging one of the 4 screws.

Since they use imperial countersunk screws, could somebody help me determine which size the screws on the back of the Nitek Q are so that I could replace the one I damaged?

View attachment 479876

Thank you!
if the allen key is 1/16", the nomimal diameter screw size should be: #1 ( diameter 0,073 ") for socket allen bolt, for countersunk allen, i find: # 3 on this table :
Flat Head Socket Cap Screw Dimensions

Thank you very much! This helped me a lot and now I can easily order a few imperial screws from eBay.
a pdf file with dimensions, note screw # 3 = J: 1/16 # alen key

Attachments

• FlatSocketHeadCapScrews.pdf
    501.9 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: v-v
Thank you very much! This helped me a lot and now I can easily order a few imperial screws from eBay.
Let me know how this works out.

I did the exact same thing, damaged one screw with a 1.5mm hex key and could not get it out with the 1.5mm or 1/16th inch sized after it was stripped.

I was able to get it out with a T7 sized Torx head. I got it back in and tight but will want a couple spare screws.

Reactions: v-v

Back
Top Bottom