Dive Rite Optima FX for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dsix36

Contributor
Reaction score
Dive Rite Optima FX for sale

I am selling this for one of my buddies who is not intelligent enough to continue diving. I will be listing all of his gear in the near future so if you need anything keep looking for my posts.

This was originally purchased around 2007 and was at the time when the first delrin handsets came out. It has been sitting in a closet for several years. The last visual inspection on the tanks was in 2012. Needless to say, I would recommend a complete checkup on the entire rig.

I built it and did the checks just for a sales purpose. I am a certifed Optima diver, BTW, and did some of my training with this diver and this Optima. The only failure was the mushroom valves and they are in need of replacement. The first stages hold IP, The pos and neg tests held good, the pressure test of the gas lines held, the manual adds worked and did not stick, the ADV worked, the shutoffs worked, the bladder inflates and holds, both handsets read the cells, the HUD works and vibrates too.

The sensors are dead and the mushroom valves leak. Everything else checked out fine.

Many of the parts have been replaced over the years but the original parts are included too.

It is equipped with a Nomad harness. A 4th cell fisher cable is already installed if you want to use it. A shearwater Predator is availble but not included.

All tanks are out of hydro and VIP. It comes with the installed AL20 tanks via cam bands for quick removal/install and 4 sets of AL13's, 3 sets of the 13's are mounted in the remora brackets.golem gear handset covers, original backplate, Dsix backplate, old lungs, bag of spare loop hoses, loop covers, handset pockets, original cover, head only calibration kit, extra wrist straps, spare fischer cable, spare HUD, spare O2 feed hose, and a bag of other spare parts.

This is an excellent opportunity for a new diver to get into a rebreather at a very affordable price and also acquire a small fortune in all the spare parts too. I will not be entertaining low-ball offers since there is no need or hurry to sell this. I am only asking $2000 and know full well that that just the head alone is worth that much to an Optima diver for a spare.

Almost forgot, the primary handset has had the screen upgraded to OLED but the original one and instructions are included if you want to switch back.

20180922_160445.jpg
20180922_160446.jpg
20180922_160509.jpg
20180922_160526.jpg
20180922_160605.jpg
20180922_160709.jpg
20180922_160730.jpg
20180922_160923.jpg
20180922_160951.jpg
20180922_161004.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back