Dive Rite Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angry Turtle

Contributor
Reaction score
A little help for a newbie.

I'm planning on buying my first set of gear, and I am doing my homework. My LDS is a Dive Rite dealer, and I am pretty sold on the Trans Pac BC, for its versatility. I've have read a lot of good comments here on the board which kind of helps to reinforce my own opinion. But what about their regs? Rodale's Scubadiving gave the 1200 a not so good review, but I would like a little more input from you.

thanks

While I have no experience on the Dite Rite regulators, I can provide you with a lead to my friend who knows a lot about the Dive Rite line of equipment and many other brands/models. If you tell him what types of diving you plan on doing both now and in the future, he will be able to provide you with some excellent advice and choices.

Contact Marc Thompson, mbt@ticnet.com and tell him that I sent him to ya.

Mark has been doing technical diving for long before there were c-cards to award for the diving he does. He does a lot of blue water wreck diving and also is full cave certified. And he is an excellent person to "wind up and let him go" by asking a good question and then listening to the answer. I've learned alot by asking questions and buying him beers.

Best of luck!

--Mike F.

Thanks Mike

I'll contact your friend Marc, and see what he thinks.
I really apreciate your help, apparently, not many people use or have experience with the DR regs.

I am just starting out, but I want something that I will not outgrow too fast. Following on a lot of people's recommendations I'm trying to get the best one I can afford and get easily serviced at my LDS.

In that case, be sure to investigate the Apeks line of regs distributed by SeaQuest. Especially the TX50 or TX100

Search this board for past threads on the Apeks to see how well they are regarded by this community of divers.

Back
Top Bottom