Dive Rite XT1/XT4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Full disclosure I am a dealer but I was also one of of the beta testers for this regulator. It is a great second stage (XT4). Roughly 30% smaller than the original XT2. Can be set up in either left or right hand orientation.

For use I have done 2+ hour cave dives with it in 33F in Norway for a week straight with no free flows. I have breathed it at over 100 meters and have had zero issues.

For the cost it can’t really be best in my opinion. It is now my primary go to for a second stage. The reason there is not much about it is that it was launched only earlier this year and there was not a big marketing push with it.

Details and specs can be found here:

@DiveTucson - Thanks for that, appreciate the input.

Will be in far warmer water for the moment and nowhere near those depths so I feel better about proceeding with the purchase.

Good to know about the cold water performance for when I head back to NZ though.

Given you tested the beta version, was there anything they changed from beta to full release.... Or are you not able to comment on that?

If anyone needs info on these I found the following:

- Reddit:

- Scuba Diving: The Best Scuba Regulators of 2022 Reviewed

Doesn't seem like it scored too well on their "Breathing Simulator" FWIW. But "testers" spoke highly of it.

Ended up proceeding with purchase so I will throw some photos and thoughts up on them when they arrive, should land early next week.

@DiveTucson - Thanks for that, appreciate the input.

Will be in far warmer water for the moment and nowhere near those depths so I feel better about proceeding with the purchase.

Good to know about the cold water performance for when I head back to NZ though.

Given you tested the beta version, was there anything they changed from beta to full release.... Or are you not able to comment on that?

Nothing too crazy. Mainly materials changes and final sourcing of materials such as the faceplate etc.

I have used them. Love XT4s. Easy to breathe and love the size/weight of them underwater/on land.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom