Dive Shop Recommendations For Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adventureswithwill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going on a group trip to the Philippines with some friends and our first stop is Boracay. It's a very mixed group:

• Two completely new divers
  • One OW looking to do AOW
  • Two 100+ dive divers (one maybe looking to do search & rescue)
  • Me (DM with 600+ dives)
We're going to Coron after Boracay, but the others want to do some diving in Boracay. Haven't heard great reports about Boracay, but I'm just happy that some friends want to get wet and I'm sure they'll love the experience regardless.

I'm really just looking for shop recommendations/specific instructors for my friends (especially with the courses). Don't have super high hopes but hoping scubaboards can come through with the recommendation again.

I got OW certified in Boracay. Unfortunately, my instructor is not working there anymore, or I would have recommended him without hesitation. I found him very patient and calm with my buddy and I, and we both had quite a few nice remarks on our buyancy/trim/attitude under water since then.

I don't know how that would translate for the other instructors at the diveshop, but at least, I can say that everyone was really nice with us there. The shop is Sea World Dive Center Boracay.

Got my AOW with Fish Eye a couple of years back. They were ok, had a good Instructor from Ukraine, Yuri, not sure if he is still there. Good location on beach.

Back
Top Bottom