Dive Shop Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A friend and I are booked on a cruise in November 2021 and one of the stops is Curacao. I've been there once before with my late husband in 2013 and we dived with the Dive Bus. I really liked them, except for having to walk across the road with all the equipment (plus my big camera rig). I'd like to try another shop, one to avoid the memory of being there with my husband, and two just to do something different. I am primarily a macrophotographer and always in search of nudibranchs. We are there from 7 am until 5 pm, so plenty of time to get to a shop. I also want some time to explore the town since I didn't have a chance to do that last time. Any suggestions to start me looking? Thanks!

I have used Oceans Encounter on four cruise ship stopovers, and really liked their operation. I also like the Dive Bus, but do understand your desire to try other options. I think you will be happy with Oceans Encounter for boat or shore diving, and they have a nice little beach and outdoor snack bar/restaurant for your SI.

As far as nudis are concerned, we have seen them at the blue room, Marie pompon, and at Hamrak. In total 7 nudis and we live and dive here...

Attachments

• 7C4A1845-1B3B-4921-83C7-3C7E8C9A870C.jpeg
    7C4A1845-1B3B-4921-83C7-3C7E8C9A870C.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 88
JohnN - excellent info, exactly what I was looking for about Curacao diving, thanks

I did my diving with Divers Republic, Bob is excellent. They are at Daaiibooibaai beach. Very nice reef, bit of a swim out but very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom