Dive Theory Elearning Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with the DM course descriptions. Some things I excelled at (academics, the dreaded equipment exchange as two examples). Others I had problems with--passing the swim test (hadn't swam for real in decades), and polishing skills (notably equipment on & off drill). Both I passed fine with extra time (months of pool lap swimming, fixing my technique, etc.). There are a whole lot of "components" as they are called. I had more work to do with that course than all the others combined (including Rescue).
Not to mention logistics--like winter preventing the boat dives, dive briefings, etc.
As well, the "old" pre--2010 PADI course had 8 tests of 20 questions each. Much of the info. IMHO, was nice to know, but not vital to what I did as a working DM (much like my music degrees were maybe 70-80% of stuff I never used in my Band teacher career). I know they have eliminated some of the theory (math calculations, formulas, etc. I THINK), in favour of more time on practical stuff you can use when working. Can't argue with that.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom