Dive Travel Poll

When will you start traveling to go diving?

• Within the next six months.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 57 37.7%
  • Beyond 1 year

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you might have to be a subscriber to read this, but here's the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/world/asia/indonesia-coronavirus-surge.html It's worth reading if you can access it. Me? I have a 2-destination trip planned for mid-November and just hoping we can go. I'd consider the flights with an N-95 mask. I just hope Indonesia gets through this and starts figuring out how to reduce the spread. I'm on hold for a Bonaire trip at the end of August - if they'll let us in, I'll probably go. Other than that, not planning anything until we know about a vaccine.
Clear and probably correct article. At Bali the many celebrations are always taking place outdoors. And probably the high humidity an high temperature caause a slower spread of the virus. But spreading it does.

Clear and probably correct article. At Bali the many celebrations are always taking place outdoors. And probably the high humidity an high temperature caause a slower spread of the virus. But spreading it does.
I
I didn't really know what to think of this article because we've been told here that the antibody results have turned out to be quite a bit more unreliable than once thought.

I
I didn't really know what to think of this article because we've been told here that the antibody results have turned out to be quite a bit more unreliable than once thought.
Yes, you have a point there. But the rest confirm what I guess (yes, only guess) too.

This was news from a not very high quality newspaper and from 19th April.

Ye, it's from last month. But it does mention about high level talks between officials. It certainly gives an impression that international tourism will be happening anytime soon to within the coming months, THIS YEAR

The question is even more or Chinese ( or any other) citizens would be allowed by their government to travel abroad to a country where until now les than 250.000 people have been tested.

I went to the Indonesian consulate yesterday and had a brief chat. The official there told me at this stage, only a Kitas or Kitap holder is allowed to travel there. On top of that, an Australian citizen has to get Aussie government permission eg. on compassionate grounds, to be able to leave Australia

The question is even more or Chinese ( or any other) citizens would be allowed by their government to travel abroad to a country where until now les than 250.000 people have been tested.

I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag, but I just checked flights to Bali...and AirAsia is scheduled to commence direct flights to Bali from Perth, 3 flights a day, 7 days a week from June 16th. Cheap also, $140 Aussie dollars...all on AirAsia website

Thanks for the tip! I'm relatively new to Oregon and have been told it's all cold water diving here, which requires a dry suit. Would that be correct? I might have to get my dry suit certification.:wink:
Yes, all cold water. Dry suit works best, but wetsuit is doable for some. I will be diving tomorrow and Sunday.

Wagub: Wisata Bali Prioritas Dibuka Lagi, Nusa Dua Duluan!

Ia menyebut penunjukan itu langsung diberikan oleh Presiden Joko Widodo. Pasalnya, Bali dinilai memiliki rekam jejak yang baik dalam pariwisata global.

"Bapak Presiden sangat memberi apresiasi dan harapkan Bali lah yang buka untuk re-openingIndonesia, Bali yang diprioritaskan. Ketika tawaran datang dari pusat, tentu kami kalkulasi kekuatan di Bali," sebut Wagub yang akrab disapa Cok Ace itu.

President Jokowi's own words, wants Bali open up as soon as possible. Bali is "Green Zone" for covid19, meaning it's ready to go, but each province in Bali will have different restrictions and dates for opening again

Back
Top Bottom