Suggestion DIVE Trip Advisor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
After reading several posts on the accident forum I thought how nice it would be to have a site like Trip Advisor so divers could rate Dive Charter operations. Many divers book outings with these outfits expecting that they will be well looked after and that the boat will be equiped with all the safety and first aid equipment necessary and that the staff will be well trained and friendly. This is not always the case but many times you don't find this out untill you are on their boat.
And on the other side of the coin some divers expectations are just too high or they are the cause of an issue on a charter but they jump onto the internet and start to slam a perfectly good operation. So a collective assessment that has been averaged out would go a long way to helping divers make better choices and have a more injoyable, safer adventure.
Is there any possible way that ScubaBoard could develop such a site?
ZDD

Great idea. I wouldn't book a hotel without checking Trip Advisor. That type of a rating system really gives a much more accurate picture than random comments.

Undercurrent is what I use. Love the magazine and the ratings guide hasn't let me down yet.

Back
Top Bottom