Dive Trip Planning Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EberWolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are currently living in the Kingdom of Bahrain. I have use of loose vacation time this year and the possibility of a free flight.

I'd like to go somewhere for 2 weeks. I went to the Maldives last year prior to the Covid shut down. I started looking at it this year but the sticker shock of a 2 week visit is making my eye twitch.

I'm AOW certified with 50 dives, my wife is OW with 5 dives. An easier dive area would be ideal for her and she doesn't want to dive every/multiple times a day. Also, no liveaboards. We have all our own gear that will be freshly checked and serviced.

Does anyone have any recommendations where we could go or areas to look at?

I know it might be a little too close to home but have you dived the Red Sea? Now that KSA has opened up for tourism, I highly recommend Jeddah for great diving, delicious food, and relatively friendly people. I say relatively cause, well, whatever. And Al Baik chicken. I do miss the Al Baik.

I had to look it up. Bahrain had an Al Baik chicken open up in Feb last year. I'll have to try them out.

I'm looking into a few places to go. Any other ideas or places you've visited let me know

If you have been vaccinated against coronavirus you may be able to get into Thailand which has OK diving. The best countries for diving are closed ATM. But Egypt has fantastic diving. If I had two weeks I would do a week from Marsa Alam on day boat diving and then a week ona Wrecks and Reefs liveaboard with a private guide. They are no major restrictions on entering Egypt, you may need a PCR test. Obviously Israel has vaccinated lots of its population so you may be able to hear to Eilat. Have never been there though.

Back
Top Bottom