Dive Truck (Appartus) Pics and/or Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under H2O

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If anyone out there has interior pics of your department's Dive Truck, I'd like to get some ideas for ours. Thanks!

Under H2O

Sorry, not a truck. Here is how I have my training trailer set up. So far it has been working out pretty good for my open water trips. The major drawback of having the cascade bottles is that I can only haul about 4 scuba tanks to safely keep under the 1000lb hazmat restriction and I HAVE been stopped by the weights and measure guy. He raised an eyebrow but didn't weigh anything or cause me any grief. I have my divemaster haul the rest of the tanks needed for a class or have the students haul their own. It stinks but it's the law. The trailer is a 7-1/2' x 12' tandem axel.

Attachments

• trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 2,560
  • trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,801
Our Dive Team just purchased a 16'x7' cargo trailer. We,... actually (I), am currently adding our gear inside it. We have a bench on one side with walk-a-way brackets that hold 4 individual complete tank/BCD rigs. On the other side we are welding up the frame of our SCUBA cylinder rack which will hold 20 AL80 Cylinders in 2 - 10 Cylinder rows. We will have 8" PVC sections inside the rack to prevent rubbing against the metal and to eliminate the rattling. Also,... Any Govt Agency is exempt from the DOT 1000# hazmat restriction, but you should be able to justify not being in compliance of the rule if your Dept. is in any accident. We will have the ability to transport 24 AL80 cylinders, which will still be under the 1000# weight restriction which allows 28 standard AL-80 cylinders. We have one rack shelf and added lots of pegboard since it allows you to customize your storage area for your paticular need. Any questions give a shout. I will add some pics in my gallery this afternoon if interested in a trailer layout.

Johnny MIllwood
Asst. Dive Team Leader
Northeast Texas Search and Recovery Team

If anyone out there has interior pics of your department's Dive Truck, I'd like to get some ideas for ours. Thanks!

Under H2O

Our Dive Team just bought this one...Shuttle Bus, Mobile Command Bus,Prisioner Bus, Dive Team Vehicles | Great Lakes Coach ..Wont be delivered until January...We use an (old) ambulance for responding to a scene, have a large trailer for inventory and a smaller trailer with a generator with a high pressure/low pressure compressors we bring to a scene if are going to be there for awhile...Can send ya pics if ya want em.....of each...

check out my pics of our trailer its a 7 by 14 tandem axle rated at 3500 lb it has a 4 bottle cascade an a herculiner floor for easy clean out

Our department has a 26 ft trailer that has a 8cfm compressor & 3 cylinder cascade system in it. We have a dry room in the front 10 ft. of the trailer which allows for Heat & Air, and storage of all our paperwork, comm equipment and rehab stuff. Remainder of trailer has storage for equipment, drysuits, decon shower & equipment in the back. We have a drop door and rolling boxes in order to easily deploy equipment and set up our Decon area & Base of Dive Operations. I have several other photos of this trailer but you can visit our web site and under pictures/ apparatus you can see some of it.

Braden Fire Department

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BRADEN-FIRE-DEPARTMENT/168431804347

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom