dive video music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a lot of free music available at sites like Freeplay Music, Broadcast Production Music Library, Free and Mp3 Music Downloads, See Usage Terms. and Creative Commons sites. Some editing software such as Pinnacle Studio comes with music. I prefer to use something mellow and soothing for underwater videos unless you have scenes of shark attacks or something equally dramatic. I like rock music as much as anyone, but I always mute Youtube videos if they blast the underwater scenes away.

I looked at Freeplay, it does not look very free to me. They charge $25 for 4 minutes on something like a Youtube video. So for a 10 minute video it's about $75. You may be able to download them, but using them according to what I read has a licensing fee. Certainly less than the music industry, but still not free as the title suggests.

Currently I like the YouTube method of putting ads with it and if they get a take down notice, so be it.

I've only loaded up 2 videos to Youtube just tonight/this morning. I got a notice from them about copyright and there is an ad with it for similar music. The music industry really should have got the idea by now that we amateurs doing it for fun are not buying a license for our hobby. They also might just sell some music this way too:shocked2: I've purchased 3 songs after listening to music on a video by one of the members here (Laura I think - She Pee videos). I did not even buy that music but other songs I found while searching for the one song that it turned out I already had :rofl3:

[youtubehq]z_JgipjV6DU[/youtubehq]

Have a look at Moby, Morcheeba, and Lunascape. They have some nice tracks for dive videos. Be careful if you're going to post on You Tube though, as sometimes copyright issues can arise.

If you have aspirations of serious production more than family birthday parties and the occassional 'dive trip' videos for friends, then you might as well invest in a real audio program. While Final Cut Studio offers Soundtrack Pro as one of their included apps and you can create your own royalty free music within it as well as use it to fix various audio issues, I would highly recommend, whether for Mac or PC, buying Smart Sounds Sonic Fire Pro...it is very easy to use, highly intuitive and you can, over time, buy either individual cuts or whole discs. I have more royalty free music from different companies than I know what to do with but I always seem to revert to Sonic Fire, it is just perfect for most anyone's needs. If you like a cut but only want it to last 13. 5 seconds, it will automatically make it for you. You can bring in video and edit the music to video or edit video to music. It is worth the investment and they are constantly having sales.
Steve

I will have to give a look at Smart Sounds. I have used Sony Cinescore on my Indonesia and Roatan videos. It works well since it edits right on the Sony Vegas timeline. Sony recently discontinued it probably because Smart Sounds is so established.

The music on dive films, both professional and amateur is one of my biggest bugbears! Everybody goes for the same sounding and ambient feel types of music and it gets a little dull after the 500th listen, also a lot of editors don't edit to the music so the separation between image and music make sthe footage seem awkward.

Totally agree on the problem of using licensed music, how about this for a suggestion though? Most royalty free music is horrible, do you know any musicians or bands who you think might be interested in you either using their existing music or even writing a piece for you? It involves others in your project and also allows you some creative input, plus you will be the only person using that music!

Much better than just using the same lift muzak as everyone else :cool2:

Here's an ad I just received from Smart Sound.
Steve
We are extending our holiday Music Pack deals until this Friday at 2pm Pacific Time. Since subscribers of Creative Cow and DV Magazine were just notified of this deal, we decided to give everyone a little more time. This is the biggest deal of the year on fully-customizable royalty-free music...ANYWHERE!

SmartSound Music Album Download Packs:

* Get 28 Albums for $499 (regularly 25 albums for $499)

* Get 11 Albums for $299 (regularly 10 albums for $299)

The Benefits of a SmartSound "Music-Pack"

* Buy now at a low price and you have One Year to redeem your albums

* Select from all SmartSound Music albums (Even our most expensive albums)

* Select any number of albums at a time (You don't have to use them all at once)

* Select from future album releases (We release new music every month)

* Instantly download your music (Saves the cost and time of shipping)

* Use the music with the Free Sonicfire Pro 5 Express Track software for Windows and Mac or with the super-creative Sonicfire Pro 5 Scoring Edition (a $99.95 upgrade - "...worth every penny!")

* Make 2011 a great year by having a hefty supply of the industry's most unique and creative royalty free music

Get your SmartSound Music-Pack Today before this deal is gone:

<http://www.smartsound.com/specials/index.html?utm_source=DecPacks&utm_campaign=trm3sfp4>

These music packs will be GONE this Friday, Dec 17th at 2pm Pacific Time!

==============================================================
Join us on Facebook: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/SmartSound-Software-and-Music/86883452328>

Free YouTube Tutorials: <http://www.youtube.com/smartsoundmusic>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom