DiveCon Watermanship Evaluation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the standards is a guide for your watermanship stuff. If thats all you can do and are afraid to challenge yourself, maybe it is time to re adjust your decision to be a dive con. This crap from the oz about not doing it with that lds because it is a slippery slope, I think your physical ability to swim is very important in dive con, and as a dive con you are an assistant instructor so you can be teaching a class if deemed needed as long as an instructor is present.

No wonder SSI is doing a graduated system now. Got a bunch of princess's coming through and it is the better way to see if you do want to be a professional diver.

just shows that you are a donkey....or have the brain of an ass, STANDARDS are not a guide !!!!

Or shall we use the tables as a guide, so its ok to just go past them as we please, or what about the depth limits....just a guide...its ok to go to 50 meters after they just finished there course ??

As to challenging my self i have to do that every day putting up with dumb ***s like YOU !!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the standards is a guide for your watermanship stuff. If thats all you can do and are afraid to challenge yourself, maybe it is time to re adjust your decision to be a dive con. This crap from the oz about not doing it with that lds because it is a slippery slope, I think your physical ability to swim is very important in dive con, and as a dive con you are an assistant instructor so you can be teaching a class if deemed needed as long as an instructor is present.

No wonder SSI is doing a graduated system now. Got a bunch of princess's coming through and it is the better way to see if you do want to be a professional diver.

I agree with this. If your going to be a proffessional diver you better be able to swim! and swim good! The SSI watermanship requirements are weak as. I worked with a Dive Con who couldnt snorkel properly cuz he kept bicycle kicking. ridiculous. we had to teach him to swim! The timed tests are a PADI standard and I reckon thats way better. I made my recent DM candidate do them all in a row in a 17 degree C pool the otherday and he did them fine even though before his DM he wasnt a strong swimmer at all. I'm happy to pass him now after that.

and as for the standards comment, standards ARE a guide in SSI. You are REQUIRED to follow the standards at a MINIMUM requirement but can add additional requirements as an instructor if you see fit that it will improve the course and ability of your students in your environment. Read the standards manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom