DiveLand and Loch Low-Minn this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetHoss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone interested in going to Diveland on Friday and or Loch Low-Minn on Sunday drop a line. I am leaving in the morning for DiveLand and Meeting a few folks at the Loch on Sunday.

I am the guy with the little blue Hybrid Honda.....Full o'gear...

Hoss!

Heya Hoss, we are kicking around the idea of going to Low Loch Minn on Sunday. I have the unfortunate problem of only having one set of doubles to dive, and they are o2 cleaned. So for me to go out there I have to know they have clean whips/air. I assume they don't, but I will be calling tommarrow. If this is the case that they don't have clean air/whips I will just end up at Alabama Blue Water. These quarries need to get their butt in gear, and I would come out to them, but knowing that usually there is no clean whips within miles of em, I don't even waste my time anymore. Can anybody confirm/disconfirm that Diveland and Low Loch minn has Oxygen Compatible Air/Hyperfiltered Air/Pure Air/Modified Grade E Air, any kind of air that doesn't kill an o2 rating? :)

Matt

Corigan:
Heya Hoss, we are kicking around the idea of going to Low Loch Minn on Sunday. I have the unfortunate problem of only having one set of doubles to dive, and they are o2 cleaned. So for me to go out there I have to know they have clean whips/air. I assume they don't, but I will be calling tommarrow.

confirm/disconfirm that Diveland and Low Loch minn has Oxygen Compatible Air/Hyperfiltered Air/Pure Air/Modified Grade E Air, any kind of air that doesn't kill an o2 rating?
icosm14.gif

Matt

Well, I heard that Loch just set up for nitrox and has the equipment availible, Diveland on the other hand doesn't. I also hear that Divelands old compressor doesn't pump the cleanest air. May need new filter bank or media.... Great place, and not crowded though!

I bring my old stuff to dive air, so as not to contaminate the new steel !!

See you if you make it...

Hoss

I will be calling Loch Low Minn tommarrow to verify that they have nitrox. If they do KylePReid and I were going to try to head up that way on Sunday as well! If not we will end up at Blue water due to the air issues. I have a set of steel doubles as well, but they still have a tad bit of work/weighting to do before I get out and dive them at a quarry.

Matt

LochLowMinn does have Nitrox. They just had the system installed mid June!! Have not had any issues with their fills. They are a bit pricey 15.00 bucks for Nitrox. I dive there just about everyother weekend!! Still the same price on air.... And the come to the water and pick up your tanks and bring them back filled... what more could you ask for???

I would not get a fill at Diveland unless you are planning on having your tanks cleaned again right after that!!! Out of 3 tanks filled there last fall 3 had to be cleaned.. within 10 days of the fill....

I might try to ease out there and meet up with ya'll this weekend....

Thanks for the information SteelMagnolia. I got an email back from Loch that did say they had nitrox. I will make sure Kyle is coming out, but I am pretty sure he is. We will be coming up Sunday. As long as it's clean, I don't mind paying the fee for convience. I hope to see you out there this weekend,

Matt

It's a great place you need to call ahead and reserve a spot tho because they fill up fast so let Stacy know ahead of time that the Dixie Divers will be there!!!

mike_s:
you have to "reserve" a spot there?
Heh, I was just thinking the same thing.. I guess I will call them Saturday and see what the deal is.. :)

Matt

No you don't have to but if you are going to have a large group it's better that way so that you can get a table close to the water for all your stuff... Last Saturday the ran like 7 classes getting their OW!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom