Divemaster course in Phuket? Help Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello to all, I'm looking for a good place to do my Divemaster course and through my reading on this site, I think I've officially decided against koh tao and am looking more towards the adaman side. I've heard some good things about Calypso in Kata Beach but nothing at all descriptive. They look like they have a good deal for the divemaster and idc together. Of course I'm looking for good teachings at a good price but want to make sure one doesn't suffer because of the other.

I'm also greatly interested in spending time hiking, kayaking and above all . . . living cheaply. I've found cheap enough accomodation but is food and drink(ing) that much more money in Phuket than say Tao, Krabi, Khao lak?

Thanks to all

is food and drink(ing) that much more money in Phuket than say Tao, Krabi, Khao lak

No, in fact can be less. Phuket has 5 star dining or street food. Last time I went to Koh Tao I found it expensive! Depends what you want to eat. My lunch today (in the center of Patong) is 35 Baht. Yesterday went "crazy" and ate a burger and fries at a beachside restaurant in Patong. This was 90 Baht.

Calypso are well run, have a good boat and Kata is a nice place to hang out. A lot of the dive people live around there. Leks bar is a regular hang out, on the same street as Calypso. Plenty of places to eat. If you are on a dive trip you get meals included (normally breakfast and lunch). Good for saving money!

dreamsoflucidity:
Hello to all, I'm looking for a good place to do my Divemaster course and through my reading on this site, I think I've officially decided against koh tao and am looking more towards the adaman side. I've heard some good things about Calypso in Kata Beach but nothing at all descriptive. They look like they have a good deal for the divemaster and idc together. Of course I'm looking for good teachings at a good price but want to make sure one doesn't suffer because of the other.

I'm also greatly interested in spending time hiking, kayaking and above all . . . living cheaply. I've found cheap enough accomodation but is food and drink(ing) that much more money in Phuket than say Tao, Krabi, Khao lak?

Thanks to all
Many dive pros I've met at Phuket tend to live away from the immediate beach towns. The costs drop.

As Batfish has posted, there are many cheap eat places around Phuket, in the $1 meal range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom