Divemaster eLearning - do I need a full crew pack with Hologram?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish-Finder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Divers!

I'm thinking about getting into the divemaster course but I'm a bit confused about my options for study materials.

I want to do Divemaster eLearning course from PADI for the academics part of the course.
Per PADI, in addition to the eLearning course I also need to get additional materials.

From padi website: "The PADI Divemaster Online program will provide you with perpetual access to an ebook version of the PADI Divemaster manual, a required material. However, to complete the PADI Divemaster course, you also need a current PADI Instructor Manual, both the Table RDP and eRDPML, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, and a set of the PADI Divemaster slates."

I wonder if I need to buy the whole crew pack in addition to the eLearning course or I can just buy PADI Instructor Manual, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, and a set of the PADI Divemaster slates separately (which will be much cheaper then buying the whole crew pack)?

There is a Hologram sticker that comes with the crew pack which you need to send along with your application. Does buying eLearning replaces the Hologram requirement?

Hi Divers!

I'm thinking about getting into the divemaster course but I'm a bit confused about my options for study materials.

I want to do Divemaster eLearning course from PADI for the academics part of the course.
Per PADI, in addition to the eLearning course I also need to get additional materials.

From padi website: "The PADI Divemaster Online program will provide you with perpetual access to an ebook version of the PADI Divemaster manual, a required material. However, to complete the PADI Divemaster course, you also need a current PADI Instructor Manual, both the Table RDP and eRDPML, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, and a set of the PADI Divemaster slates."

I wonder if I need to buy the whole crew pack in addition to the eLearning course or I can just buy PADI Instructor Manual, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, and a set of the PADI Divemaster slates separately (which will be much cheaper then buying the whole crew pack)?

There is a Hologram sticker that comes with the crew pack which you need to send along with your application. Does buying eLearning replaces the Hologram requirement?

E-learning does not replace the hologram requirement. You safekeep the hologram sticker until you are wrapping up the course with your instructor and then you hand it over and he/she afixes it to the documentation they send to PADI.

The PADI instructor Manual and Divemaster slates are good resources to have and the instructor manual can be used open book during part of the written exam on standards.

The crewpack does not come with the Table RDP...that went away when PADI expected divemasters to use the eRPDML. From my understanding PADI has discontinued the eRPDML and have gone with an app based version of it: PADI PLASTIC eRDPML TO BE RETIRED - DIVE Magazine.

I have only cracked my Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving once and it remains in a drawer somewhere in my house...others have said it is a good book for bathroom reading.

You do get a cheap softsided brief case with a padi logo and a window sticker with the crewpack...if you value those things.

-Z

The eLearning does not provide a replacement for hologram. You'll need to buy the whole crew pack to get the hologram, to my knowledge.

Hi Divers!

Materials
Required
• PADI Divemaster Manual
• PADI Instructor Manual <-----this is where you get your hologram to send with application
• RDP — Table and eRDPml including associated
Instructions for Use booklets <------eRDPml is retired, but an online version is available
• The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
• Divemaster Slates
• Log book
Divemaster candidates must view the PADI Divemaster
Video.
Recommended
• PADI’s Guide to Teaching
• Diving Knowledge Workbook or Dive Theory Online
• PADI Skill Practice and Dive Planning slate

I cancelled my elearning for DM - The knowledge reviews are really difficult to complete when it's online, much easier to thumb thru the book for the exact wording they look for - the book is a good reference tool after the fact too.

IMO, elearning is for the lower level classes, DM and above is way too much info.

Got it, thanks for reply.

Does anyone have a sticker for sale? :)
Materials
Diver
Ensure that student divers have a personal set of current
PADI materials for study and use during the course and
for reference afterward, to include, at a minimum, the
course manual and slates (printed, digital or app version)
unless unavailable in a language understood by the
student diver. Ensure that student divers have a log book.

you might want to refer to the "professional membership" section of your own personal copy of the Instructor manual

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom