Divemaster internship available, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I worked on Phi Phi. It is a good way to train and get experience at the same time. Often you will finnish and then find a job on phi phi or go on to instructor. Phi Phi is a great Island to work on. The flip side is that it is quite expensive to live on phi phi, so you end up spending what you save on course prices, you won't earn in those 4 months, so make sure you have enough cash for that time. The diving pretty much the best in thailand, better than in the gulf. Check that there are no hidden costs like equipment rental etc

How is it going over there??? I hope you guy`s are safe.and diving your faces off. Is it everything you hoped it would be??? from your post it sounds like you are having a blast,whale sharks, miles of viz, good on ya!!! It`s ironic that I am now (currently in holding partern) on my way over there. (Not to phi phi I dont have a position anywhere or any offers) I have completed my A.I. and have worked through all required documentation to travel

After re-reading my post and then the posts from other diver`s I thought maybe my personal experience was a rarity. Mind you I wasn`t abroad for very long and of course everyday is different but I am very concerned about the polictical situation over there do you now worry about your situation in the country? I guess the real question is DO YOU FEEL SAFE ???:confused:

Still having a great time has got a bit quieter but tourists still coming out.
vis has been geat last few days here on Phi Phi island . do we feel safe really i would have to say yes the only effect has been less tourists but we are still diving every day if we want.

Brilliant When traditionally is the slow /peak season? how`s the internship ??? How hard is it to learn the language???

Oh yeah I have finished my AI may check out goproutilla.com

This is the beginning of the high season they say and it was getting relay busy before he air port demonstation the weather is defiantly good flat sea sunny etc.
the internship is great diving with different courses going out to all the sites equipment srvice demos other dms cool instructors all pretty cool they even have a lounge bar above the shop
its wicked !!
the language is difficult to pronounce but not to remember so its a bit of a struggle

POST POST POST I wanna hear the ending!!!

be careful and make sure you look into exactly the deal they are proposing. The DM course only runs like 500$ hear and DMs usually get about 75$ to 100$ for dive tours. make sure the deal is worth it

Back
Top Bottom