DiveMaster / Science of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eponym

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is anyone else on SB teaching the Science of Diving course? I'm conducting my first DiveCon course since the major revisions of 2010. We have now progressed from Dive Guide to Dive Master (Science of Diving manual). I would characterize the Section 1 questions on the DiveMaster exam as over the top. They did not pose a problem for me, but I have always been a math geek. I don't remember the pre-2010 DiveCon exam being anywhere near as math-intensive and I am at a loss as to how to justify to my candidates the intrinsic worth of some of the problems on the exam.

I would appreciate any feedback, and would especially like to know what other agencies require of their divemasters. If you're willing to share, I promise to keep your correspondence confidential.

-Bryan

Also I have attached my list (submitted earlier to SSI) of proposed changes to section 1 of Science of Diving, for those of you teaching that course.

-Bryan

Attachments

• SoD Typos 1 Handout.pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 334
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom