Divemate on iOS. Need help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I could use some help with this. I'm at my wits end looking for a solution.

A couple of years ago, I started using Divemate on iOS. It was great for what I needed. I even bought the Fusion USB adapter so that I can download my dive computer straight into the iPad. It worked very well, I really liked the app. Then Divemate stopped supporting iOS. I still had a copy of the .ipa file from my backups, so I could load it even if the app got removed from my iPad during a software update or something.

I updated the iOS to 14.5 recently, and now Divemate isn't even allowed to run. I can no longer get to my dive logs. I have been backing up the database to iCloud and I have access to those files. Obviously, if I can't run Divemate, those files do nothing for me.

I even went as far as to get an older android phone and loaded Divemate onto that, but I can not get the Android app to import the iOS Divemate backup file which has an extension of .backup. I have even tried renaming the file to the .ddb (as the android app says that their database is back-up to) to no avail.

I can't be the only one having this problem. I am hoping that someone else has had this issue and has figured out how to import that .backup file into some program.

I've contacted Divemate for some help, but have not gotten a response. I was hoping that someone in this community can help.

Thanks in advance

Contacted last night, 7:52 pm for an issue with DiveLog DT (logbook somehow switched to read-only so I couldn't edit) on my MacBook Pro at: support@moremobilesoftware.com

At 7:56 pm, I had a reply with a fix from Greg McLaughlin. He actually gave me options - tried one this morning and issue was resolved. Very pleased with Greg and moremobilesoftware.

Wanted to share this for people looking for a nice logbook program with great customer service.

I could use some help with this. I'm at my wits end looking for a solution.

A couple of years ago, I started using Divemate on iOS. It was great for what I needed. I even bought the Fusion USB adapter so that I can download my dive computer straight into the iPad. It worked very well, I really liked the app. Then Divemate stopped supporting iOS. I still had a copy of the .ipa file from my backups, so I could load it even if the app got removed from my iPad during a software update or something.

I updated the iOS to 14.5 recently, and now Divemate isn't even allowed to run. I can no longer get to my dive logs. I have been backing up the database to iCloud and I have access to those files. Obviously, if I can't run Divemate, those files do nothing for me.

I am exactly in the same boat. They sold me a fusion adapter and now won't even answer emails. They are also revising history by removing any mention of the IOS app from their website.

I am considering getting a used iPhone that hasn't been updated and transfer Divemate to it just so I can still read my logs.

I also have backups as well as exports of my data (app featured both functions).

I am exactly in the same boat. They sold me a fusion adapter and now won't even answer emails. They are also revising history by removing any mention of the IOS app from their website.

I am considering getting a used iPhone that hasn't been updated and transfer Divemate to it just so I can still read my logs.

I also have backups as well as exports of my data (app featured both functions).

I contacted Greg as someone suggested and he has bent over backwards to help me out. He was able to take the IOS divemate log and export it to DiveLog app. Not only that, he's continue to update me on things he's working on. I had suggested that one of the things I liked about divemate was the ability to add photos to a dive so it can remind me of the things I see on that dive. He told me that he's working on that feature and will have it out soon.

I informed him that I was thinking of getting a new dive computer that wasn't supported by the DiveLog app yet, and kept me updated to his efforts on getting that dive computer supported.

I can fully recommend the DiveLog app. If nothing else, the developer is SUPER responsive and exceptionally helpful even before I purchased his app.

As for the fusion, I'm in the same boat. It's now a bricked item for me. I fear that it's just going to sit in a drawer until I finally throw that out. Rumors are that it's the fusion device that got DiveMate kicked off of IOS. They circumvented Apple's security to act as a USB host, but that's all rumor.

Hope you are able to get your dive logs rescued.

I contacted Greg as someone suggested and he has bent over backwards to help me out. He was able to take the IOS divemate log and export it to DiveLog app.
As for the fusion, I'm in the same boat. It's now a bricked item for me. I fear that it's just going to sit in a drawer until I finally throw that out. Rumors are that it's the fusion device that got DiveMate kicked off of IOS. They circumvented Apple's security to act as a USB host, but that's all rumor.

Hope you are able to get your dive logs rescued.

Were there any fields in Divemate that did not transfer over? Would I still need Greg's help or has the app been updated to handle Divemate importing?

As for the Apple decision regarding USB hosts that now actually makes sense. It may even explain Divemate's silence on the issue to avoid any admission of liability but that is of course speculative. However they could have stayed on IOS and only supported Bluetooth LE computers plus displaying all prior logs of course.

Were there any fields in Divemate that did not transfer over? Would I still need Greg's help or has the app been updated to handle Divemate importing?

No, you don't need our help to try this, it's a built in part of the macOS App(s). If you'd like, you can download the free version of our macOS App from the Mac App Store called "DiveLogManager" to try it out.

‎DiveLogManager

Create a new logbook for yourself on the Mac, then follow the instructions under the IMPORT and then the "DiveMate" panel. If you have an Exported version of your DiveMate logbook, then click "SQL File". If you have a Backup version of your DiveMate logbook, then select "Backup File". There is no way to read your logbook directly from your iOS device, so you need to have Exported it or Backed it up previously using DiveMate before it stopped working.

The free version of our App does not provide support for Editing or Downloading dive computers. But you can see what get's transferred over from DiveMate and then decide on purchasing.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or issues,
Janice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom