DivePAL - a game changer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do I become a beta tester for the full version. Unless it is cost prohibitive I will be buying the full version when it is released.

testing the Nitrox version of divePAL: you can plan a series of 5 dives with this one :wink:

divepal_nitrox.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

The Nitrox version of divePAL Windows is now available.

If you are a beta tester just log-in into your current version of divePAL and it will upgrade automatically to Nitrox.
With this version you can plan and analyze a series of 5 dives with a max O2% of 50%.

Additionally, you can save / retrieve your dive plans and you can also analyze virtual dives done with the eDiving simulator.

Installer: divepal_full_installer_r20111028.exe available HERE.

More info are HERE

divepal_nitrox4.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)[/QUOTE]

....... would it be possible to do this so that the program works on a netbook, or on a lcd projector?.....
We just released v0.7 that supports fixed scaling on monitors using a resolution as low as 1024x768.

I used the "Introduction to Dive Computers - Oceanic" for the topic of a scout diver meeting then followed up with a demo of divePal (Beta Nitrox). It was well received, and the other adult diver felt it was extremely worthwhile. With teens it is hard to say. The teens did seem to understand the value of Nitrox vs. Air in lowering DCS risk. Hard to miss when a air vs. nitrox dive is compared side-by-side.

I tried to go to sleep early but my first dema has me kinda wired. So here I am sitting up and thinking about this program that Alberto brought by the HOG booth today. I am a dive nav subscriber but dont do much with the sim as it is too addicting and I have a job that requires me to sleep sometimes. But the dive pal is one of the coolest and most exciting instructor tools I have seen in a long time. I can get rid of my white board for the planning and gas management lectures in my classes starting with open water. I teach sac rates, rock bottom, and rmv in the ow class. Being able to plug in sac rates, see nitrogen loading, use tank sizes and pressures is so cool. Now there is no excuse for any instructor to not teach these items in the ow class. Except maybe laziness. I am honored that he came by to ask me to be a beta tester for the nitrox version as well. I will be downloading it as soon as I get home and planning class changes around it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Can we get average depth added as a graph option?
Average depth is now available in Beta 0.8 (Full and Nitrox versions only) that we just released.

Let me know if you would like to test it.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

What happened to the "tissue loading graphic display"? All I get is the "computer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom