Diver convicted in wife's drowning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in cases where there is a strong current, this is often caused by overexhaustion and over-breathing the reg induces a feeling that one cannot breathe and the diver may reject the reg at depth in this kind of situation and drown. In order for this to occur, you need a condition that induces the diver to feel that they cannot breathe in order to reject their reg. Overexertion with the build-up of CO2 which induces rapid breathing is the primary reason.

Reallie. :rofl3:

The other day, I discovered just how easily the mouthpiece of a snorkel can come off ... I wanted to replace mine and the old one came off quite easily. I was surprised.

The other day, I discovered just how easily the mouthpiece of a snorkel can come off ... I wanted to replace mine and the old one came off quite easily. I was surprised.

I'm looking for a long response telling you that the poster doesn't see how that relates to this case. Was the mouthpice lost? If not I don't think that counts either.:sarcasm:

Ok, I'll bite. We don't even know if the mouthpiece of Shelley's snorkel came off. It was never found. What we do know is that the bottom of the snorkel was off. That part is what attaches to the mouthpiece and that whole part was missing.

I think the point is the case against Swain was built on the premise that a broken / missing / damaged, mask,snorkel, fin etc.. could only have been broken / missing / damaged during a struggle between two people. Since the Swains were the only two people in the water then shazame! The struggle was between Dave and Shelly. Clearly there are other ways diving gear can become damaged or lost and people do struggle with themseleves. It comes back to reasonanble doubt. Which is what I find in abundance.

I think the point is the case against Swain was built on the premise that a broken / missing / damaged, mask,snorkel, fin etc.. could only have been broken / missing / damaged during a struggle between two people.

Yes of course the entire case against your buddy was built on a "broken or missing piece of equipment."

Nothing at all to do with Davids affair, the prenuptial agreement that prohibited him from seeing a dime of Shelly's money in a divorce, his bankrupt dive shop, his lack of remorse, his unwillingness to give her CPR or call for medical assistance, him totally missing her body, the staged fin in the sand, the unexplained death of a diver who was "comfortable and relaxed in her element" less than 5 minutes before she supposedly panicked and ripped her gear apart.

AfterDark, I understand that you are in complete and total denial about the fact that your friend is a cold blooded killer.

Good thing the jury wasn't. And that, is all that matters, regardless of your incessant need to try to convince the ScubaBoard community of something else.

Nothing you say or do here will ever change that and your buddy is going to rot in the jail cell where he belongs.

Back
Top Bottom