Diver death at Old Garden Beach, MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gryffin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I read a post in a Facebook group about a diver fatality at Old Garden Beach, MA, this past Sunday. The Facebook post did give details on the diver’s identity, but I don’t want to post here yet since I couldn’t find a news source with that information. The post did not have any information on the cause of the accident.

Last edited:
If it's the one I think I know of, it was Old Garden Beach on Cape Ann MA. Here's a quote from his dive buddy when I asked "while diving?"

"Yes we were at the end of our dive had come to the surface and were 30 yards from our exit. We understood we needed to move and typically we submerge and swim which I did and though he did as well but he never came up. We were in 6-7 ft of water."

I updated the thread and thread title with the correct location. Sorry about the mistake.

He was from the same dive shop as me. We dove together many times. He leaves twin 4 year old boys. Tragedy does not begin to describe it.

MA State Police found no malfunctions with the gear. No autopsy findings have been released as of this point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom