Diver dies in Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSam

Sister of Shenanigans
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Lemon
I believe this may have been a dear friend of ours from UK, Donna, who died diving in Galapagos area on 6th October. We heard she was diving from a boat some 200 miles from Ecuador and did not surface from a dive, but was found soon after.
There appears to be a lack of information about the incident and friends and family would like to know more to piece together her last hours. I have a little experience of diving following SAA training some years ago and wonder if she was with a buddy?
Donna was a wonderful, fun-loving person who had so many friends who will miss her.

On behalf of Scuba Board, I'd like to extend our condolences to you, Donna's family and Donna's friends. News like this affects us all especially when a fellow diver passes.

My condolences to all of Donna's family and friends!

Ahh...Nicky...So sad to hear about your loss. Please extend from the Scubaboard Family our condolences....

My sincere condolences. I hope you get some answers and closure.

Condolences.

Any answers you get I know will be gratefully received on this board. Information and data is very hard to find and every little bit helps us avoid future problems.

Your friend at least died doing something she loved. I hope that at least lessens the pain even a small bit.

John

Thank you for your post Jorge. My sincere condolences to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Hello, sorry for my English. I was in the boat with Donna. I am very sad for her
family. I can give more indication of the accident…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom