Diver fatality NJ - Yasuko Okada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yasuko touched so many people in her life and we should all reflect on the wonderful person she really was. Thank you for all you taught and shared with us. Our thoughts and prayers to all that surrounded her, your smile will never be forgotten. "Rest In Peace"

Well I haven't swallowed it yet but I already have decided to remember Yasuko in this manner.

And thank you Rob, for having this available still as it is a great sum up of how light and enjoyable her company should always be remembered...

scroll down to
Late Season Ice 2009

and view the second video where Fi uses a "blunt object" to break through the ice ...

Rob's NJ Wreck Diving Blog

(if i knew how to remove the video and caption to make it easier for others to view, i would, sorry i cant)

Last edited:
Damn shame... wonderful woman, and a real loss to the dive community here in the Northeast.

She was SUCH a sweet and friendly person, and so knowledgable...

I met her at a rebreather test flight at Dutch Springs. She went out of her way to answer all of my questions, showed me her gear and followed up by sending me her own photos of the weekend by email. She was wonderful.

SO devastated. I never got to dive with her, but I could tell that she was a great friend to so many people...

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread moved to passings.

R I P

Condolences to her family

I did not know this woman however after reading Mike's blog entry, I am struggling to maintain composure. It seems that this woman was taken from her family and friends far too early and that the world was a better place because she was in their lives. Thoughts and prayers go out to all that are touched by this tragedy.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom