Diver Indicted in 2003 GBR mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakeybrainsurgeon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
FOXNews.com - Alabama Man Questioned Over Wife's 2003 Australian Diving Death - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

An odd story of interest to the dive community, someone suspected of murdering his wife during a honeymoon dive trip several years ago to Australia. He is suing the resort for mental anguish over seeing his wife die, but authorities suspect he had something to do with it.

(We are all innocent until proven guilty, of course. For all I know, the diver involved may be part of this board).

If he is not guilty...... I am very sorry for him!

If he is ..... Hmmm...

It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds, The picture is also very interesting!

Thanks for posting this story , I would love to see where it ends!

As is usually the case in reporting scuba accidents we can probably dismiss everything in the newspaper story as inaccurate. The picture does look interesting though - it doesn't look very deep (nice yellows in the photo) and it seems strange that a rescue trained diver wouldn't bring up an unconscious diver from that depth - especially if it was his wife.

FOXNews.com - Alabama Man Questioned Over Wife's 2003 Australian Diving Death - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

An odd story of interest to the dive community, someone suspected of murdering his wife during a honeymoon dive trip several years ago to Australia. He is suing the resort for mental anguish over seeing his wife die, but authorities suspect he had something to do with it.

(We are all innocent until proven guilty, of course. For all I know, the diver involved may be part of this board).

Hey you. I hope you have been well :)

I don't see where he is suing the resort He has claimed compensation from the Travel Insurance Agency. Interesting case. Seems it would be fairly easy to solve then again, maybe not it has been several months.

It is hard to tell from the details given in this case, but I don’t think it is fair to assume because he has rescue diver certification that this automatically means that he will act in accordance with that training. How long has he been certified? Was this the first time his training had been tested?

Perhaps the inconsistencies in his story are more profound than merely sighting his training. At the same time, I think it a bit tricky to allude to this training as if it were programmed in like the Navy Seals. The fact that it was his wife might have something to do with him losing it when the time came.

Losing it is bad when your wife needs you to be focused, and maybe he failed her in this capacity. Calling this failure murder, however, is a whole other issue.

Unless they can establish that he actually did something physically to her to make her die, I think it would be presumptuous to call inaction (or questionable action) murder. Who among us can make that call?

i havent chosen a side of the fence on this yet but i do mention that part of his story is that there was a strong current but the diver in the pic (who is holding his occy in his hand btw) doesnt seem at all concern about a current

horrible thing to happen to all concerned.... poor woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom