Diver-loved drinks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A heavily peated SMS, from Islay for the salt water (dive connection) like Ardbeg Galileo or Lagavulin 16.

A heavily peated SMS, from Islay for the salt water (dive connection) like Ardbeg Galileo or Lagavulin 16

I love smoky whiskey from Islay too, Ardbeg being my favourite. I usually get a bottle of whiskey as a gift at Christmas :) I haven't tried the Galileo, it's a little beyond my price range, but I'd like to (perhaps a big hint for this Xmas :D).
A wee dram of Laphroaig goes down nicely too.
Ardbeg.jpg

<SNIP>

My weapon of choice these days is a GOOD Strawberry Daiquiri...... although I *have* been known to home brew Mead. :wink:

2014-06-13_Ettiene-strawberry-daiquiri-video-main.jpg

Adam

I didn't intend it to be a "snip"
rather just a wee bit of fun for all as diving and this post should be

I note you have less than 100 dives in 5 years and live in a desert community so there is still hope for you

SAM Miller 111

Here's me hanging around waiting for a mojito today.

IMG_2076.JPG

Found this lovely Sculpin (fish) India Pale Ale in my local store today & of course, the image of the sculpin on the label drew me in. The beer is so good...just a little bitter with a slight bite from the grapefruit. They have others like Manta Ray Double IPA too. Swoon!

This beer is across the country from me out of CA, but it got me thinking about other drinks beloved by divers. So what's yours? Bonus points if it's diver/marine friendly like this beer or these:
Marine Drinks (and Accessories) to Quench Your Thirst

View attachment 415175

Ballast Point's founders, Jack and Youssef, taught me to homebrew--before they started up Ballast Point brewery behind the homebrew shop. I was attending school in the evenings and noticed one day that a homebrewing shop had opened in a strip mall I passed by on my way. I read that they sold Ballast Point last year to Constellation Brands for a billion dollars--yes, one BILLION dollars.

I agree their beers are very good. That they name some of their beers after fish just adds to the coolness. One of their first beers--may have been the very first--was called Yellowtail Pale Ale. I read that they dropped the "Yellowtail" from the name due to a trademark dispute with Yellowtail wines.

Here's me with a Singha feeling particularly chipper after diving with mantas at Hin Daeng / Hin Muang.
Love it!

Haven't ever seen Kraken Rum before. Fantastic!

For many years we enjoyed a cold "Frosty Root beer." During the dive and especially on the way home in our boats or setting in the California sun on the beach
Hey, nothing in the post says it's need to be alcoholic. I love a frosty root beer myself! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom