Diver pokes shark in eye, survives head chomp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from what i read he wasn't free diving he was getting air from the surface from the boat.. at least thats what i read...

but this guy is BAD***** ... i bet if he was chuck norris though there would be a "great" shark feast tonight all over sydney :wink:

PaulVS:
Australia just keeps moving further and further down my wish list of dive trips. :crossbone
If you're scuba diving I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sharks don't like the crunchy bits we wear on our back ... makes 'em fart ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

DandyDon:
Do you ever feel like recording your explanation to replay for non-divers who ask: "Aren't you afraid of sharks...? :silly:

I'm sure this fellow was very scared at the time and had to wash his wet suit repeatedly, but he's got a great story to tell the girls for life...!

Reread the article. He survived and he'll be ok, but he didn't come through it as unscathed as you probably think.

gangrel441:
Reread the article. He survived and he'll be ok, but he didn't come through it as unscathed as you probably think.
:confused: I didn't say that. Sounds like he was certainly injured, but recovering...?
"When he came to us he was conscious and alert but had a broken nose and lacerations to both sides of his torso and chest -- bite marks all the way around," the spokeswoman said.

Me, i'm wondering if this shark will say to it's offspring about humans ..... No you can't have one of those, you'll poke your eye out .... :eyebrow:

NWGratefulDiver:
If you're scuba diving I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sharks don't like the crunchy bits we wear on our back ... makes 'em fart ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It was just another negative added to a growing list. Box Jellyfish, Great Whites, Bull Sharks, venomous sea snakes... 16 hour flight... blah blah blah. :wink:

Besides... I haven't been to Bonnaire or Grand Cayman or Belize or Roatan yet. :14:

TCDiver1:
Me, i'm wondering if this shark will say to it's offspring about humans ..... No you can't have one of those, you'll poke your eye out .... :eyebrow:
"Tastes like chicken" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom