Diver who looked for Caylee sues Casey Anthony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KY_BOB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any thoughts?

Orlando Sentinel - Diver who looked for Caylee sues Casey Anthony

The latest suit was filed by David Badali, a diver who volunteered his recovery services in November 2008 to help look for Anthony's daughter Caylee Marie.

In July 2008, when Caylee was reported missing, Anthony told authorities the toddler was kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida.

In the months that followed, hundreds of people searched for Caylee throughout east Orange County, including at Jay Blanchard Park. Divers searched the Little Econlockhatchee River, which runs through the park.

Anthony maintained the kidnapping story until May 2011, when her defense attorney claimed Caylee drowned in her family's pool in June 2008.

Badali said he relied on false information and expended significant time, costs and resources on the search.

He also noted that Anthony's lies caused him to search in "alligator infested waters."

Had he known of the true nature of Caylee's disappearance, per her defense team, Badali said he wouldn't have agreed to volunteer his diving services.

Badali's is the second such suit filed against Anthony this month.

The volunteer-search group Texas EquuSearch filed suit last week, looking to recoup more than $100,000 it spent looking for Caylee.

Sounds to me like someone had dollar signs flash before his eyes. He saw an opportunity to get a quick and easy buck is jumping on it.

IMO I agree with Steve and think its pathetic. I can possibly see maybe the Dive Charter company or something that is out $100K, but this guy is a mutt

A little girl tragically lost her life here for &^$(* Sake

I just posted this as a topic of conversation. I also agree with the 2 prior comments but I will say that it's a shame that so many taxpayer dollars and so many volunteered hours were wasted due to Casey Anthony. I can't say with 100% certainty that she killed Caylee but she definitely knew enough to shorten the search, IMO.

That said, money is no where as big of tragedy as the loss of a little girls life.

I don't think this one is about the money, AFAIK, Casey doesn't have money. Plus insurance wouldn't cover this.

I think it's about publicity and ego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this one is about the money, AFAIK, Casey doesn't have money. Plus insurance wouldn't cover this.

I think it's about publicity and ego.

Or maybe, just maybe the diver wants to exact justice from her rather than money or inflating his ego. I think I'd be pissed if someone lied and had me giving my time and money in a search for a child that may well have been killed, or allowed to die, by her own mother.

Or maybe, just maybe the diver wants to exact justice from her rather than money or inflating his ego. I think I'd be pissed if someone lied and had me giving my time and money in a search for a child that may well have been killed, or allowed to die, by her own mother.

A self proclaimed vigilante? If he was that upset this seems a funny way of exacting justice but what do I know? If he gets upset like that then perhaps he should not be volunteering his time and open a business and charge for the service up front. That way the frivolous and stupid lawsuits could be kept to a minimum. Just my thought anyway.

I agree with Dr. Bill. Any resonable person (assuming the diver is one) knows there is no money here. He is just using the legal system to take his pound of flesh. If it were me, it wouldn't be worth my time. He thought he was doing a good thing-now maybe he feels foolish. I wonder if he will go searching for the next lost child.

I agree with Dr. Bill. If it were me, I'd sue Anthony also, if for no other reason to help ensure she doesn't prosper from some book or movie deal in the future after all the pain Anthony's lies caused. Poor Caylee, being born into such a disfunctional familiy. :(

I agree with Dr Bill, OldNSalty and Insta-Gator. There will never be justice for Caylee and her mother will most likely profit from her death, whether she caused it or allowed it to happen. People and companies put their lives and resources on the line to desperately look for a child whose whereabouts and cause of death were already known. This could make people and companies second-guess whether they should help and whether an emergency is real or not.

Back
Top Bottom