Diverite lights heads not available by themselves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm

Registered
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with dive rite express and they said dive rite put out the word a few weeks ago that their HID light heads will not be sold individually! I was about to get one and go with the steathdive battery pack. Now I'd have to get the $625 slim battery, charger, and MR11 head all together. Anyone dive this setup? Did you with you spent the extra $250 on the Halcyon setup?

Thanks.

Get the Sartek light head. It is adjustable (D-R isn't) and it has minimal problems (Halcyon still hasn't adddressed the bugs with their 10W).

Or for the full setup get the Solley's

omar

I heard from a friend that got a quote on the DR HID light head from an LDS. They wanted $300 and apparently comes with no warranty when purchased separately. Not worth it IMO. Also, I heard someone had a Sartek out at Isle Royale a week ago and when they turned the light on the bulb melted.:wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom