Divers Diary Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought a Mares Smart DC. Divers Diary doesn't recognize my device. The USB cord is connected correctly and the clip shows a green light. The app says "DC not ready, try again." Anyone have a solution?

I have the same problem when trying to connect my Matrix. Everything seemed to be OK until 2 weeks ago when I downloaded dive data. However, now, even after repeated attempts of unplugging the USB cable and re-starting the software, I get the error "DC not ready, try again" when trying to connect.

Echoing Rachel's question - does anyone have a solution to this?

Edit: Found a true fix (for me): Installing the software driver for the USB bridge, which can be downloaded from this link. After installing it (make sure to give it permission to run in Security - it should prompt you), DiversDiary connects and downloads the logs just fine.

An indirect solution is the paid version of the Android/ios App: DiveMate

Hello Henry - I did that too. Uninstalled the originally installed driver and re-installed it (even though they were the same version). Still no luck.

OK - un-installed and re-installed the drivers for the program a second time. This time, I deleted the folder containing the downloaded driver files after installing the driver. The program is working now. Not sure what step really worked - so, I don't have a definitive answer for Rachel. But, I hope the program keeps working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom