Divers Direct Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forwarded the link to a couple of buddies in need of larger tanks. Thanks!

Hmmmm that seems like a nice way to call someone a "Hoover"! :rofl3:

Surprizing. It appeared to be the only dive store around Orlando doing a good volume of business. Others closed or are withering. Some folks figured DD was like Wal Mart; edging out the Mom and Pop places.

I will miss it. The smaller stores in our area open late and close early. DD was open until 9 pm, or (later on) 8. They have sale prices that are tough to beat. The present economy and outlook must have been a contributing cause.

Surprizing. It appeared to be the only dive store around Orlando doing a good volume of business. Others closed or are withering. Some folks figured DD was like Wal Mart; edging out the Mom and Pop places.

I will miss it. The smaller stores in our area open late and close early. DD was open until 9 pm, or (later on) 8. They have sale prices that are tough to beat. The present economy and outlook must have been a contributing cause.

Aren't they somehow affiliated with Gander Mountain or Bass Pro? (I know there's a Bass Pro next door to the Dania Beach location)

I thought I read something to that effect????

Hey, Ben. Thinking something similar. They tried to set up a Mini-Diver's Direct inside some Gander Mountain stores. It did not thrive in Lake Mary Florida, but I believe they still have a few items.

Right down the street from the old DD is a deluxe Bass Pro Shop. It is a tourist attraction like most things down there. Guns, golf, tents, boats... maybe diving is next. If that happens, I'll spread the word. It would be a good thing, as a lot of smaller SCUBA merchants are in rather grubby locations. One place gives my daughter the creeps.

DD Orlando was a real asset. A huge selection of wets suits, mostly in Florida thickness. It was easy to find a good fit.

Stu.

I called there customer support number to try and see what happened. The woman I spoke to said the only thing that they were told was "Economic Hardship". She said I was not the first peson to call in regards to the Orlando store closing.And none of those calls were happy.

Gah! I go into winter hibernation and look what happens!

I was just down that way a month or so back and everything looked hunky dory. I'm pretty distressed to hear that they're closed.

What a bummer... DiversDirect was the only place in town open late enough during the week that I could get my tanks filled after work.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom