Divers Direct Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will continue to visit their West Palm Beach store.
QUOTE]

Hopefully they can keep that one going. With three divers in my truck, somebody's going to say "hey, I forgot something". This often happens on trips to Pompano Beach. A quick exit onto Northlake, and all is well.

That's one of the great retail locations.

Kevin Senecal is a smart, talented, professional who has built what started as a single dive shop in Key Largo into an acknowledged national leader in the industry. It was my privledge to have a business relationship with his company for many years.

While no business is immune from the national economy, I'd bet on Kevin to weather the storm, and wish him the best of luck.

ANYONE with any smarts would have to conclude that IF THERE IS ANY DIVE INDUSTRY AT ALL, Divers Direct will remain as a strong retailer. They are a gigantic force in this industry. They didn't get that way by being anything other than strong and smart.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

That is just brutal. If UPS shows up at your back door with a shipment and asks for a bank certified check, that delivery better be sold quick. Inventory carrying costs are very tough, but No salesperson ever got fired for selling too much.

The secret is in the people.

I agree that is brutal. It is, however, what many local scuba stores face in today's market. In an economy like this, reluctance to sign personal guarantees would be viewed as pretty smart business.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

ANYONE with any smarts would have to conclude that IF THERE IS ANY DIVE INDUSTRY AT ALL, Divers Direct will remain as a strong retailer. They are a gigantic force in this industry. They didn't get that way by being anything other than strong and smart.

Though I was surprised when I pulled up to the Orlando Store this afternoon, it probably makes sense. The other stores are on the way to water. One difference, is that Direct will still be a strong retailer and gigantic force even if they had absolutely no physical presence.

Just as an update, I just got an email from the DD email list stating that "Divers Direct recently closed our Orlando and Florida City store locations. As a way to minimize the inconvenience this might cause our loyal customers here in Florida, we are offering free ground shipping on all items shipped to a Florida address, except for tanks and weights."

Doesn't help me and my how-the-heck-do-I-get-a-tank-filled-on-a-weekday issues, but interesting to note for purchasing anyway. =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom