Divers missing in Zanzibar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well ... I've told the story to various people in the business and reactions range from shrugs to real worry.

I contacted the magazine that recommended the operation. Understandably they cannot go into such things without a detailed, documented both sides view of things, but anyway they've been warned.

They also recommended that I contact PADI nordic - since the operation may have been reported before.

I've done so, initially mostly to hear their professional view of the incident. Whether this will eventually lead to an incident report or not, I don't know. I do question myself - are my facts solid enough? is there room for any misunderstanding? I think not but these are things that potentially affects other peoples livelihood. But it also affects diver safety.

regards

Santa:
Well ... I've told the story to various people in the business and reactions range from shrugs to real worry.

I contacted the magazine that recommended the operation. Understandably they cannot go into such things without a detailed, documented both sides view of things, but anyway they've been warned.

They also recommended that I contact PADI nordic - since the operation may have been reported before.

I've done so, initially mostly to hear their professional view of the incident. Whether this will eventually lead to an incident report or not, I don't know. I do question myself - are my facts solid enough? is there room for any misunderstanding? I think not but these are things that potentially affects other peoples livelihood. But it also affects diver safety.

regards

It's a tough call, I'm sure. You don't want to hurt an operation from doing business, but you want to prevent a serious accident, or the death of another diver. If you feel they made an honest mistake, that's one thing, but if you feel they have willful disregard for diver's safety, on many occasions, then you should act to prevent that by telling the proper authorities.

I'll see what Padi says. I gotta to stick to the things that I know and can document, and forget about hearsay however compelling.

safe diving, man

Just wondering if anyone had heard any more about this incident. I have read the release from Swahili Divers. As well as being generally interested, I am due to dive with Swahili on Pemba, Tanzania, in the first two weeks of October. Obviously would like to know more. Have also posted this in accident forum, but this area seems to be the more active one. Cheers

where can you read their release?

Regards

Back
Top Bottom