Divers needed for Roles in an Upcoming movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
I don't think Ron Jeremy does THIS kind of diving....
:laughing:

at least now we know what films Tech-Diver and ScubaTexan are watching......

wait, what's that say about me??? Oh, I heard it from a friend, mom, really :eyebrow:

frank_delargy:
"Glory at Sea! is a resurrection love story about a man spat out of an underwater Hades, who pledges to go back and save his lover, still trapped beneath the ocean."
"It’s 2008, the next storm has hit, and our hero Jake and his girlfriend Tess sink into the clutches of Hell--not a fiery inferno, but an expanse of condemned souls planted like cornstalks at the bottom of the ocean. As Tess sinks into the sand, Jake is suddenly spat back up toward the surface. He emerges from the water, half alive, and finds himself in a mangled, dystopic American landscape."
Who can resist that as a plot!.

Meshed with this:

Glory at Sea!
by Benjamin Zeitlin (the writer of G.A.S.)
Ben is the creator of Egg, a dazzlingly bizarre mixture of live-action and animation featuring human chickens and an animated Captain Ahab, shown at Rooftop a few times in 2005, including on Governors Island and on our boat show. His new project is a live-action melee, a naval battle between warring sailboats, mermaids, and "human manatees." Ben will shooting in Ios, Greece, where he has received support from the Athens Film Festival, after which he will be working under the advisement of the staff of legendary Czech animator Jan Svankmajer. The Rooftop Films grant will help Ben build an underwater springboard, among other special effects items, for this visually astonishing film.

RoatanMan:
His new project is a live-action melee, a naval battle between warring sailboats, mermaids, and "human manatees."

sounds like fun - i could pass as a manatee

...shame it is a bit far away.

I got scammed many years ago by John Alden, a stunt coordinator. He was at Shooters in Ft lauderdale, looking for divers to work on a film with Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte. I LOVE TROUBLE TOO, or something like that. Anyway, a bunch of us paid our Screen Actors Guild fees (required, so he said), then never heard from him again. I have seen his name in credits, so he is for real. He had a custom bus parked outside of Shooters, so we thought it was for real. We did receive our union cards.

Anyway, forgot all about that incident until I saw this thread. Good luck to those who sign up!

well, damn him to hell...making all them dolphins and naked fish pay union dues and such.....bloody gets my blood boiling

I ain't an actor....just some diver you happen to shoot while underwater:D

joyster, do u think this is a scam?

joystershell:
I got scammed many years ago by John Alden, a stunt coordinator. He was at Shooters in Ft lauderdale, looking for divers to work on a film with Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte. I LOVE TROUBLE TOO, or something like that. Anyway, a bunch of us paid our Screen Actors Guild fees (required, so he said), then never heard from him again. I have seen his name in credits, so he is for real. He had a custom bus parked outside of Shooters, so we thought it was for real. We did receive our union cards.

Anyway, forgot all about that incident until I saw this thread. Good luck to those who sign up!

Are you still a member of SAG? Did you give John Alden your initiation fees to join Screen Actors Guild or did you go down to the SAG office in FL to join? Did you join before or after you were filmed?

There are countless amount of people trying to get work in the stunt business...especially after paying their fee's to join SAG but, the thing is, you have to go out and hustle for the jobs. When I joined SAG there were a handful of stunt people and lots of jobs to go around. Now there are over 5,000 and a handful a jobs.

A friend of mine not long ago got his SAG card after working on a movie. He's mad because the same stunt coordinator that got him his card hasn't called him on a job since. I'm afraid to say....the stunt biz is one of the toughest jobs to get into and be able to make a living at it at the same time. I've been in this biz for 23 years as a working stunt woman. Luckily I have a stunt "type" of business I can fall back on when I can't/don't feel like hitting the ground anymore, lol.

calscubagirl:
Are you still a member of SAG? Did you give John Alden your initiation fees to join Screen Actors Guild or did you go down to the SAG office in FL to join? Did you join before or after you were filmed?

We each gave John Alden our money, $100 I think. Did receive our SAG cards. And that was it. Never was able to contact him again. That was about ten years ago. Money under the bridge, I guess.

joystershell:
We each gave John Alden our money, $100 I think. Did receive our SAG cards. And that was it. Never was able to contact him again. That was about ten years ago. Money under the bridge, I guess.

If you gave John 100.00 for a SAG card then you got scammed and I'll betcha the card you received was a fake. I can't imagine John doing that but, what do I know?

To join SAG, you have to physically go to SAG and give THEM the money and after the production company has "Taft Hartley'd" you after you've already worked a couple of days on a contract.

John was not the stunt coordinator of the movie you speak of. He might have been a stuntman on the show though. I've been a member of SAG since 1984 and the initiation fee was $636.00 back in 84. Ads up to 2 days of pay. When "I Love Trouble" was released 10 years later, the fee was probably around 900.00. Now a days it's over $1400.00.

Sorry you got scammed!

calscubagirl:
If you gave John 100.00 for a SAG card then you got scammed and I'll betcha the card you received was a fake. I can't imagine John doing that but, what do I know?

To join SAG, you have to physically go to SAG and give THEM the money and after the production company has "Taft Hartley'd" you after you've already worked a couple of days on a contract.

John was not the stunt coordinator of the movie you speak of. He might have been a stuntman on the show though. I've been a member of SAG since 1984 and the initiation fee was $636.00 back in 84. Ads up to 2 days of pay. When "I Love Trouble" was released 10 years later, the fee was probably around 900.00. Now a days it's over $1400.00.

Sorry you got scammed!

Like I stated earlier, money under the bridge. It was a nice dream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom