Divers with Service Dogs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EdwardMH

Registered
Reaction score
I took my Try Scuba Class a few days ago and while I was not perfect I think I did very well and my instructor says she did not see me have any issues that I did not fix on my own., I want to take the OW cert. class but now I have another issue to ask about...
Service Dogs any of you divers have one? And if so what do you do with them on a Dive?. Smokey is Owner trained and still in training. I do not know anyone with a boat to train Smokey to relax and behave on one. do you have someone remaining on the boat watch your service Dog, Kennel the dog for the dives or what?

Great a question, and I don't have a clue; but you might want to start exposing Smokey to the issue of you descending during your pool sessions. Where was he/she during your Try Scuba?

He was in the pool area with me and the Instructor kept laughing cause every time I went under to do what she showed me smokey would get up pace and whine looking for me in the water till I surfaced. by the end of the class when both Instructor and I surfaced from a 20 min time in the 14' end of the pool smokey was relaxed and exploring the deck, I had forgot to tell him to do a down stay before submerging.

I took my Try Scuba Class a few days ago and while I was not perfect I think I did very well and my instructor says she did not see me have any issues that I did not fix on my own., I want to take the OW cert. class but now I have another issue to ask about...
Service Dogs any of you divers have one? And if so what do you do with them on a Dive?. Smokey is Owner trained and still in training. I do not know anyone with a boat to train Smokey to relax and behave on one. do you have someone remaining on the boat watch your service Dog, Kennel the dog for the dives or what?

Dogs freak out when their owners go underwater. They know that things that go underwater die.

Be kind to the animal and leave it home when diving.

Thank you for the reply, that pretty much ends the scuba learning idea since when not diving I would need him with me so if he stays home so must I, Oh well it was a dream and not all dreams are ment to come true. BTW what type of Service Dog do you have?

just curious, what kind of service dog is smokey? or maybe a better way to ask is why do you need a service dog?

scuba-cat-1.jpg

chi-scuba-diving.jpg

1734851_370.jpg

med_full_584623882.jpg

Top-10-Funniest-Images-of-Animals-in-Scuba-Diving-Gear-10-Pics.SR2_.jpg

1311793574_scuba-diving-dog.jpg

Hehe cute, Well I do not have plans to actually Dive with my Dog I am wondering If they are allowed on dive boats or if I will have to board him somwhere near the hotel I might be at which is yet another expense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom