diversteve's passing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is just horrible news. Steve was a true benefactor to ScubaBoard and gave of his time selflessly as our tech admin. He solved so many issues for us over the years. In fact, we haven't crashed and burned because of Steve's many interventions. I consider him a friend more than anything and will miss his insight as well as his help.

Sue,

Thank you for letting us know of Steve's passing. My condolences to you and your family.

I never met Steve in person but we first spoke in 2009 when I was bullied online. Steve called to talk and we spent several hours talking on that first call. I was immediately comfortable with Steve, it felt like I was talking to an old friend even though it was the first time we spoke. I always enjoyed our conversations and we spoke often. As the years when by, we spoke less and less and it was also around the time that I was absent from Scubaboard.

My last communication with Steve was a few years ago when I told him I had moved to Florida so I could cave dive and be near my beloved caves. He mentioned he would eventually like to moved to somewhere warm and waterfront. He said he would remain in AZ while his parents were alive. Steve was devoted to his family, a dutiful son, and adored his niece and nephew.

He was well respected here on Scubaboard as a moderator and as a friend. I will miss Steve, his advice, and his humor. He was a good soul and a very genuine person. Again, please send your parents my condolences.

Rest in peace, Steve.

Hi Sue, I are so sorry for your loss. I associate the avatar with his SB name but your posting the news, his picture and info was really nice to be able learn about the person behind the avatar/sb name, even if the news was so sad.

I went through some of his posts to remind me of some of his postings. H
e always provided useful information whether the topic was Bonaire, Curacao, or Grand Cayman and we enjoyed his posts. From his postings he seemed like a really nice person. To be considered the fun uncle says a lot. I hope he passed on his dive passion to some others in the family and to others he would travel/dive with. TK.​

My brother, aka "diversteve", left us yesterday 4/30/2020.
View attachment 583696
We miss him. I wanted the SB community to know that being a part of SB gave him a real sense of purpose and community and enjoyment even when his health failed and he could no longer dive. He always longed to go back to the sea. His ashes will be kept in an urn with a photo of the ocean on it. He was 61. He never had children but loved his niece and nephew and was always the "fun uncle." Should you be so kind as to add a word or thought here, I will share it with our parents who lost their only son.

His last SB profile as listed under "Notable Members":
diversteve
always tired

Thank-you for reading my post.
Steve's sister,
Sue
Very sorry to hear about Steve's passing. He was a kind, gentle and loving person. God bless you and your family.

My brother, aka "diversteve", left us yesterday 4/30/2020.
View attachment 583696
We miss him. I wanted the SB community to know that being a part of SB gave him a real sense of purpose and community and enjoyment even when his health failed and he could no longer dive. He always longed to go back to the sea. His ashes will be kept in an urn with a photo of the ocean on it. He was 61. He never had children but loved his niece and nephew and was always the "fun uncle." Should you be so kind as to add a word or thought here, I will share it with our parents who lost their only son.

His last SB profile as listed under "Notable Members":
diversteve
always tired

Thank-you for reading my post.
Steve's sister,
Sue

I am so sorry to hear about Steve's passing, he was a great contributor and a valuable friend to all in this community. My condolences.

RIP diversteve. May the current always be at your back.

Back
Top Bottom