diversteve's passing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for his early departure.
The ScubaBoard community will miss him.

As others have said, very sad. When a community like scubaboard loses one of the pillars that hold it up, you have to wonder how things will continue without him. My understanding was he did much of the technical support keeping the system up and running well. I'll miss his posts and the stability he brought to my favorite website.

My brother, aka "diversteve", left us yesterday 4/30/2020.
View attachment 583696
We miss him. I wanted the SB community to know that being a part of SB gave him a real sense of purpose and community and enjoyment even when his health failed and he could no longer dive. He always longed to go back to the sea. His ashes will be kept in an urn with a photo of the ocean on it. He was 61. He never had children but loved his niece and nephew and was always the "fun uncle." Should you be so kind as to add a word or thought here, I will share it with our parents who lost their only son.

His last SB profile as listed under "Notable Members":
diversteve
always tired

Thank-you for reading my post.
Steve's sister,
Sue
Bless him. K

My brother, aka "diversteve", left us yesterday 4/30/2020.
View attachment 583696
We miss him. I wanted the SB community to know that being a part of SB gave him a real sense of purpose and community and enjoyment even when his health failed and he could no longer dive. He always longed to go back to the sea. His ashes will be kept in an urn with a photo of the ocean on it. He was 61. He never had children but loved his niece and nephew and was always the "fun uncle." Should you be so kind as to add a word or thought here, I will share it with our parents who lost their only son.

His last SB profile as listed under "Notable Members":
diversteve
always tired

Thank-you for reading my post.
Steve's sister,
Sue

Sue,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your brother seemed very likable.

Couv

My condolences to all his family and friends.

My most heartfelt thanks for all of your posts; some of you shared things I did not even know about my own brother. I will pass along your kind thoughts and condolences to the rest of our family.
Thank-you,
Sue

"That best portion of a man's life, his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love."
William Wordsworth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom