DiveSergeant's Grenada Trip Report- Part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Descending through the depths and seeing the hulk of the hull coming into view was spooky. It is truly a huge dive; I think you cold dive it many times and still see new stuff. Guess we gotta go back for some more dives on it!

DS

What fun to read your trip report, especially since we just booked TBBR and Aquanauts for a week over Christmas. THANKS!

Hi Bula2,

Glad you liked the report; it is a lot of fun putting them together and it is rewarding when someone benefits from our experiences. I usually take a small note pad and make daily notes since I'd forget lots of details!

Say hello to the folks at TBBR and Aquanauts. If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM them and Mrs DS and I will answer.

Happy diving!
DS

Hi All,
Just arrived at True Blue on Grenada... spent last 12 days diving Grenada (couple days only) and rest on St Vincent. Now fully understand 'critter capital' name for St Vincent diving... wow.. intense diversity and critters... Ellen came up with about 100-150 digital images per dive (all dives last 1 hr+++). Every dive was super, but Japanese Garden was spectacular. Anyway, Ellen and I will be doing a rather extensive report for UnderCurrents and will post pics and some of the text here on the ScubaBoard. This is our first time to St Vincent but will be returning... Kay (owner of Indigo Diving) became a friend and great dive companion....very nice operation, comfortable boat and totally accomodating.

BiancaC...she is starting to break up noticeably, but still impressive if not just due to size.

Safe Diving
Michael

Hi All,
Just arrived at True Blue on Grenada... spent last 12 days diving Grenada (couple days only) and rest on St Vincent. Now fully understand 'critter capital' name for St Vincent diving... wow.. intense diversity and critters... Ellen came up with about 100-150 digital images per dive (all dives last 1 hr+++). Every dive was super, but Japanese Garden was spectacular. Anyway, Ellen and I will be doing a rather extensive report for UnderCurrents and will post pics and some of the text here on the ScubaBoard. This is our first time to St Vincent but will be returning... Kay (owner of Indigo Diving) became a friend and great dive companion....very nice operation, comfortable boat and totally accomodating.

BiancaC...she is starting to break up noticeably, but still impressive if not just due to size.

Safe Diving
Michael

Hey Michael,
Did you dive with Aquanaunts last week? I was there the 23rd till the 28th and looking at your avatar I think we dove with you and your wife. I think you were the one with the beeping computer. Glad you liked St. Vincent, I have friends going there later this month. I'll let them know you liked it. DiveSergeant I want to thank you for all your suggestions and letting me know about Mandoo he was great.

Greg & Deb

Trip reports and posting pics can be a bit time-consuming, but it is rewarding to be able to go back and relive a trip and to share experiences with others.

Mandoo is a gem. Which tour did you take? We did the north route and even got to feed and pet the monkey at the national park.

I hope TBBR and Aquanauts did well by you.

DS

Hi Greg,
Known as the 'beeping computer' diver :D Yep that be me...brand new transmitter battery went south and that is why it is a good reason to carry a back up computer.

Another vote for Mandoo...did a 1 day tour with him and was great...he is a very well read man and VERY politically astute.

Michael

Trip reports and posting pics can be a bit time-consuming, but it is rewarding to be able to go back and relive a trip and to share experiences with others.

Mandoo is a gem. Which tour did you take? We did the north route and even got to feed and pet the monkey at the national park.

I hope TBBR and Aquanauts did well by you.

DS

We also did the North tour but the monkey's where a no show. My wife collects car tags wherever we go and Mandoo found her a great one which thrilled her. We got lucky at TBBR they gave someone else our tower room so they moved us to villa no charge. The villa was awesome never stayed somewhere that big before. Peter and the whole dive op where wonderful also. I highly recommend them I really liked the King Mitch dive we did the last day it was very exciting.

It's a sad day, indeed.

Like Willy Wonka, we have rationed our few bars of Grenada Chocolate. A few bites here, a few bites there. But, alas, we just finished our last bar. Woe is us!

Guess we've got to get back to Grenada soon!

Tarheeldiver, we're glad Mandoo, TBBR and Aquanauts were good to you. We sure enjoyed our stay on Grenada and will definitely be back. Not sure when; there's so many islands to see, but rest assured it won't be long.

DS

Last edited:
Thank you for the report. My wife Karen and I just returned last Saturday from a trip to Grenada with our group from International Scuba. We stayed at TBBR and dove with the gang at Aquanauts. The resort was fantastic, the Island was beautiful, the Islanders were some of the friendliest I have ever met in the Caribbean. We have been diving for just shy of 30
years, both local (Rhode Island) and around the world and I would wholeheartedly recommend TBBR and Aquanauts. I was a little nervous about booking the trip as there was alot of new divers that were going. I was really intent on getting a few dives on the Bianca C and was not sure how it was all going to play out. Well Peter, Gerlinde and the staff made it all happen. Hats off to you guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom