DiveSergeant's Grenada Trip Report- Part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Sean,

Our impression of the island and its people were the same. The atmosphere is open and friendly like we remember Grand Cayman to have been 25 years ago. Not that GCM isn't friendly still, but....!

Any chance of posting some photos?
DS

Here you go

Attachments

• Copy of turtle 1.jpg
    Copy of turtle 1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 69
  • spotted.JPG
    spotted.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Royal Carmel.JPG
    Royal Carmel.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 67
Thanks! We remember seeing the falls on a tour with Mandoo. The whole island was beautiful like that.

See ya,DS

Dear Friends of Grenada,
thank you for your kind reports and messages.
In the name of Aquanauts staff I would like to thank you for visiting and diving our beautiful island. DM Bruce, that most of you met had just his appendix removed. All is fine, he should be looking for critters soon. For all interested, you can listen to "Christmas in the Caribbean"
on http://www.scubaradio.com, was live on December 12th. We had a lot of fun.
A happy new year to all of you.
Until we dive together again,
Peter

Hi Pete,

Pass on to Bruce our best wishes. Hopefully all will heal well!

Also, best Christmas wishes to all your staff. They were like diving with family. We've gotta get retired so we have more time to travel back to Grenada and dive!

Yours,
DS & Mrs DS

Hi Sarge,
all is well and we have a fairly busy season. Bruce will be back and kicking in two weeks.
lost a few pounds though.... We had a great Christmas, check the video: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3EnAozwP0s
And don't forget, I have a rebreather waiting for you...
All the best and a happy, healthy new year,
Peter

Hey Peter,

The rebreather thing is tempting! We've tried several times to try one on Grand Cayman but scheduling, weather, equipment issues all seemed to make it not happen. So... you've got me yearning to try one.

We're doing Grand Cayman this Feb and were thinking about St. Vincent next year. But, we're missing Grenada and may end up seeing you next winter instead.

Loved the Christmas video, and glad to see Mandoo featured in it!

Believe it's a direct flight from Toronto including transfers, breakfast & accommadations

what's the cost of diving?

the Mrs & I are looking for a new diving spot, did Anse Chastanet/St Lucia in Dec, Henry Morgan/Roatan year ago, I dove off Gozo island (off Malta) in May, using a 7 mm wetsuit.
Prefer warmer water with more life than that dive !

Is the wireless internet fast?

Hello ogopogo007,
yes you should be able to get a good deal on Air Canada vacations.
Internet at True Blue is good. A dive is 45,-US$ (including tank, weights, nitrox).
We'll get additional 10% VAT in February on diving, so better book now and save.
If you need any more info shhot me a mail.
Hope to see you in Grenada,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom