Divex Blacktip cruise handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

powergx

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

Interesting, though no idea what it's for?

Usually the response is, “This post is worthless without pictures.”

This post needs words.

Looks to be a throttle hold perhaps? I have a blacktip and the red tube is the connecting rod between the trigger and a magnet on the bottom end which pivots into position to activate the reed switch.

Hmm...probably right.

With a closer look I can see the difference in the two pics.

I just switch hands when on a long run with my BlackTip.

Nice. This is actually one feature I'd like on a Blacktip. Trigger lock / cruise control. I'm hoping someone creates a 3D printed part for sale or publishes the 3D files. I have seen another variation of this posted on the Dive Xtras Facebook group. I have become proficient at switching hands for longer scooter runs but I still wouldn't mind a trigger lock.

My reason is I ended up turning off Safe Start because I dive with a lot of people on Piranhas and the safe start can be can slightly annoying if you're going on and off the trigger a lot in current or trying to stay together. I know I can tweak the delay / ramp up speed in the firmware so I may end up experimenting and turning Safe Start back on in the future.

Not sure if reviving this dead thread is a good idea, but there are cruise control firmware mods out there. Particularly this one:
Note the big warning though:
**Warning** If your scooter's serial number is HIGHER than "001-2700", this firmware is not compatible.

There is a thread here about it

bwoodill's firmware is awesome. The cruise control feature is very handy. No need for a hardware solution anymore.

Also, I think I saw a recent post from him (maybe on FB) that he has now got an updated version of his firmware that works on the latest versions of the BlackTip hardware.

Back
Top Bottom