Diving 133’s with doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I mistakenly ordered 133‘s instead of 100s for double set up. I have a wing with 60 pounds of lift but my question is are these ty too big? I am not cave diving but plan on doing wreck diving

I dive HP133s with a 60# wing no problem, and I know a fair number of others who do the same.

Edit: I dive cold water in a drysuit w/ thick undergarments

if you need the gas and don't mind lugging the weight around, they should work fine with a 60lb wing. it is a lot of unnecessary weight if you don't need that extra 66cf though.

I bought a pair with the thoughts of doubling them and I can tell you they make great singles especially with an H-valve.:)

I dove doubled 133s for years for wrecks, caves, quarry, shallow OW dives, off boats, etc. We typically made long dives so the extra gas was always nice. They're fine when you are used to them but can be a bit overkill and are definately heavier than doubled 100s.

< cue Slim Pickens >

Well, that there’s 7,560 liters of backgas. I reckon a feller can git a little dive in with that strapped to his back.

Depending on the wrecks you're going to do, it would probably be worth having the extra gas, no?

I do a lot of shore diving with 5-10 minute walks from my vehicle to the water, so having the extra weight of 133s is pretty noticeable. If you're just going 50ft from your vehicle to the water, or off a boat, it doesn't really matter.

I dive and love them. They are the same as LP104s. On me, they trim out better than anything else. I use them in open water, wrecks, and cave diving.

I have had no issues when I have used them.

I'm 5'10 205lbs lean

They are heavy but lots of air

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom