Diving ABC's, Arriving on Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stephen1254

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The last three stops of a 35 day cruise around South America are the ABC's, and we are going to lug our gear with us so we can dive. Anyone have specific recommendations for dive outfits that can accommodate cruise ship passengers? We have dove out of Mambo Beach in Curacao and with Dive Aruba; both were fine, but I'd be interested in other recommendations, ideally off a boat, but we can shore dive if people really like the shop.

Thanks in advance

Dive Friends on Bonaire has a shop within an easy walk of Town Pier where you'll dock. They keep boats there also - it's their Yellow Sub location.

I've seen VIP Diving mentioned as being cruise accommodating also. I believe that's all shore diving.

From what I've read, the Divi Fllamingo is not cruise friendly. Which is odd since they're so close you can hear the ships u/w at times from their dive..

Have you seen Bas Harts Diving on Curacao - they work with cruise schedules for shore dives.

I also think you could get yourselves to Caribbean Sea Sports at Hilton in Piscadera Bay for a shore dive there. Or one of their boat dives depending on your time in port. It can't be a 5min ride north of the cruise area.

Or drive 5mins. farther to Blue Bay - IDK the shop currently on site there but the dive will be better - it's Blue Bay wall.

You're going to port at the Megaport on the north side of downtown so plan from there. There's also the Dive Bus but their cruise program is a shore dive there at Pierbaai beach, they don't pick up at the port.

just curious - what does a 35 day cruise cost?

It was bought and paid for some time ago, so I'm not completely sure. I think it's roughly 6K a person, including airfare to Buenos Aires. It dumps us off in Fort Lauderdale, so we can drive home.

Back
Top Bottom