Diving after 55 - split from: Tavernier fatality - Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, James, for your feedback, finally. Since you scarcely communicated with me before and after the dives during training me for Tec 40 & 45, if I get to receive a dive feedback in this forum, I'll take it. Is there more to share?

@Texasguy

I found some photos I made of you during one of our dives. I think I shared them with you in one post dive briefing. These show you looking squared away - in trim with good buoyancy. You do have some danglies in the first image...pull that stuff in closer.

You are in the yellow gloves.
You swam through the passageway shown below without kicking up silt.

GOPR1395.JPG
GOPR1408.JPG
GOPR1394.JPG

GOPR1353.JPG

Last edited:
I'm 58 and I started diving at age 51. Having said that I'm also an avid marathon runner, and train and compete year 'round. Of course, it's always a good idea to know your limits.

Golfing kills a lot too. Hospitals seem to be dangerous. Hmmm

- for me - is the reminder to be even more invested in my husband's health! !

are you referring to more life insurance ?

Hell, I didn't START diving till I was 62! I'm going to be 70 this year and my buddies are all at least 15 years younger than I am and they have all followed me through AOW, SideMount, Solo and SSI TXR....... Keep moving, stay in decent shape and keep diving!

On a separate note: JIM WYATT, we missed being on YOUR boat in Key Largo this year! The guys and I went to see Snoopy and went down to check out the screws and rudders on the SG......

Back
Top Bottom