Diving an ABS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budprop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I picked up a almost mint U.S. DIVERS ABS triple 30 system and the accompanying "Cousteau" BCD back in 1998 at a sports swap in Juneau, AK. I think the we're asking 125 and I ended up paying 120 with the hydro/vip included. I ended up draining them down to 600psi and hauling them from AK to WA, then to AZ, to CA, and finally here I am in HI 18 years later. Had them Hydro'd, VIP'd and filled and took them for a dive at Electric Beach while my son worked on his open water cert. I have to say I absolutely love this system. The BCD is simple, no frills, but works as intended. The trim and streamlining is amazing. Best part is it is like it's all brand new.
20160703_144633.jpg
20160703_144724.jpg
20160703_144905.jpg

Wow, what a find! Congratulations, this system is pretty unique.

I have a U.S. Divers Company UDS-1, but have trouble getting it hydroed. Your system is great-looking, and should give you years of enjoyment.

SeaRat

This looks like one I saw on Craigslist. Are you selling it now? I have two of these and do not need another, just wondering if this was the same one for sale, also in HI. The paintjob is unique so I suspect its the same one.

Yes, unfortunately I am selling it. I don't dive on it like I should and would rather it be in the hands of someone who would appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom